• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Failsafe

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
PaulB

Failsafe

Post by PaulB »

Im after some advice or opinions on failsafe setting for gliders.... With airbrakes and/or crow. I always intend to set failsafe but never have.... Until now!

What would be the best set up?

A set up that reduces the height in a casual manner, ie airbakes and flaps? I would assume rudder input would be advisable to try and keep the model in the same part of the sky!?

Or full up and full left rudder and ailerons?! To drop it down quickly?

What do you guys do.!

Cheeers

Pb
Barry_Cole

Re: Failsafe

Post by Barry_Cole »

PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Thanks bc

Missed that.

Cheers

Pb
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

It never was a problem with Free Flight, so why the big deal? Just a bit of twist in one wing and it will circle very nicely. The world is getting too carried away with Tech. and that always ends in tears of frustration, but I suppose we have to do it because Big Brother says so. RIP KISS
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Not entirely accurate Vince. We used to say there were three rules of free flight. (1) The D/T will always work reliably until the flight when the aircraft actually gets into a thermal. (2) The built - in turn works perfectly until the model is pointing down wind, then all bets are off. (3) The model will always come to earth at least four times further away than it appears from the launch point.
Brian. :D
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Aaaaaaah, happy days...................