• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Radio control

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
mike hardie

Radio control

Post by mike hardie »

As a complete novice radio control, can anybody explain the difference between 'mode1 and 2' transmitters?

I need a 7 channel set for my Olympia (see previous post) bearing in mind my lack of even basic knowledge, any suggestions as to which to buy? I realise this is likely to be largely a matter of personal taste, but is there a 'simple' system, which does not require a degrre in computer speak to set up and operate??

Thanks for your help
mike hardie

Re: Radio control

Post by mike hardie »

Now realise I should have posted this in the equipment discussion, sorry
Steve Fraquet

Post by Steve Fraquet »

Hi Mike, the link below is from an American site but the differences in modes are the same. I and many others fly on mode 2, while Chris Williams and many others fly on mode 1
The choice is yours.
john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

Mike

The most important decision in deciding which mode to use is the availability of someone to teach you and what mode they fly. Learning to fly on your own without help is difficult, not to mention expensive but on the flip side , if you stick with it you will be a good re-builder by the time you can fly !
Seriously, before investing in radio gear find your local club and talk to them about training and follow their advice.

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)