• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Video from your tug...

Be kind to our tug pilots, we cant do without them.
Barry_Cole

Re: Video from your tug...

Post by Barry_Cole »

FrankS wrote:So that's it then, just re-engine it with a radial :lol:
I could not afford the propeller, let alone the engine, but thanks for the idea.......

BC
john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

The videos the Coxon's make all use the same Mobius camera and velcro mount regardless of the model and engine. They have had good success even with single cylinder engined models. I think the trick is to get the normal self adhesive velcro which allows some minor movement and not the stronger stuff which is too rigid.
Also , where you mount it on the model will affect quality as it does need to be on a rigid part of the structure.
all the above assumes you have a balanced prop !!!!

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

Never mind the Satanic Vibrator, Pat... stick the Mobius on your Petrel ;)
Attachments
F1.jpg
f2.jpg
Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden »

chris williams wrote:Never mind the Satanic Vibrator, Pat... stick the Mobius on your Petrel ;)
I shall do that as well Chris but thought it would be nice to do some from the tugs as well.
GordonT

Post by GordonT »

Very little vibration from the Mobius on my video, Pat. https://vimeo.com/76270815 :lol:
Stuart Ward

Post by Stuart Ward »

The electric porter video was a lot more stable, but still had some vibration coming through.

I love the Red strobe though! where did you get that from and can you show us how you set it up.

We tow at our local small airport that is reasonably active with full size planes. a strobe would add to our visibility.
Stu
GordonT

Post by GordonT »

Stuart - yes a little bit of jello, but a lot less than some. :D
Anti-collision light controller from Braincube http://www.braincube-aero.com/index.php ... cts_id=196
Anti-collision beacons from Emcotec - http://shop.rc-electronic.com/LIGHTING/ ... 120&p=2014

There's not much setting up to be done, just connect up and apply power! I will add though that I don't feel they add much to the visibility of the model on a bright day. If you really want to make the model more visible, take a look at the other offerings from Emcotec, particularly the white LEDs.
Richard Farrer

Post by Richard Farrer »

The Americans call this effect "Jello" so if you enter "Anti jello mount" into your favorite search engine you come up with hundreds of answers to your problem. I use the two pieces of plywood fastened together with cable ties method plus anti-vibration grommets fixing the mounting to a third piece of ply which Velcros to the airframe. The Mobius is also fastened with Velcro and the whole thing hangs down under the airframe. The Velcro is the blue self adhesive thick stuff from HK. I think having it hanging helps, if you get my meaning! You have to rotate the camera image 180 degrees of course. I also recommend a safety strap from airframe to camera as Velcro unaccountably lets go after a short sharp shock.
Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden »

Thanks for that tip Richard. Having looked on Amazon ( other websites are available ;) ) under anti jello mount I found some anti vibration mounts that can be incorporated into something I am making up. Lots of the cheap stuff comes from China via carrier pigeon in around a month but there were some UK suppliers at a very reasonable price.