• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

30% Wilga Build

Be kind to our tug pilots, we cant do without them.
Elliot Howells

30% Wilga Build

Post by Elliot Howells »

Hello all,

just started my Bondy Wiggler, thought I'd share some build pics as I go, hope that's of interest.

Will post them on this thread a little later on today when I get them off my phone, only hit one small glitch so far, a really enjoyable well thought out kit.

Ell.
Darren M

Re: 30% Wilga Build

Post by Darren M »

Hi Elliot
I'm looking forward to your build thread. I had all the intentions of doing one but unfortunately I'm not so good at keeping up to date with the photos.
I've reached the priming stage with mine I just need to layup the cowling and it can all come together.

Darren
Attachments
wilga.jpg
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

Hi Darren, looking good!

I see you have an addiction ;)

Just waiting for my wood delivery from SLEC before I can make serious inroads, I don't take as many photos as I ought, that's why I started this thread, thought it might encourage me. Just discovering the small errors I've made so far, aligning the main cnc cut longerons has proved troublesome and now I'm finding where the errors lie. Also had to 'unglue' the tailplanb seat so that I could glue the fin post in...

One has to remember that it's all just a way of holding the wings, tail and engine in place really, if you can make it look like a real one, then so much the better.

Ell.
Attachments
IMG_5193.jpg
IMG_5194.jpg
Tom Pack

Post by Tom Pack »

Very nice Elliot.......I have a 40% one of these sitting in the corner just waiting for me to get to it.......
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

40%?

Blimey Tom, I wouldn't be able to fit that in my workshop.

Is that the bond design scaled up?

Ell.
C.olson

Post by C.olson »

Coming together really nice Elliot , iv got bondy's 1/4 scale z-37 cmelak plan and I'll be building that next year but I'm being sensible and building a greenly 1st and get used to towing with a non scale tug,,,,,I'm assuming you had the parts Cnc cut for the wilga? What size engines does She take ? Keep the pics coming .
Chris.
Last edited by C.olson on 01 Feb 2016, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

Hi Fellas,

this is the bigger kit, I think the cowl you produce is for the 25% Keith?

SLEC laser cut and cnc routed this short kit, it really is superb.

More to follow as soon as the wood pack arrives this week, oh, the engine? A DLE 170 - totally over the top, but you cannae beat extra horsies when towing.

Ell.
C.olson

Post by C.olson »

Hiya
170 cc should do it !!!! I don't happen to have one of those laying around though so perhaps Id better stick with the z37 cmelak ,
Although I do have some 1/4 scale wilga plans about here somewhere!! It's Handy to know I can still get a fg cowl sometime though.
Bondy's plans are very well drawn I'll be watching your build closely (committed wilga fan) cheers chaps.
Darren M

Post by Darren M »

Hi Elliot

Looks great keep the photo's coming.

The second Wilga in the photo belongs to Ray Watts it's in for a little cosmetic Job.

I'm still unsure on the power plant for mine I would love to fit a 170 if it'll fit.

Darren
Tom Pack

Post by Tom Pack »

Elliot Howells wrote:40%?

Blimey Tom, I wouldn't be able to fit that in my workshop.

Is that the bond design scaled up?

Ell.
Yes it is.....and it is BIG!