• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Modelfixings

If you have ever been really impressed by a particular trader, then tell us about it here.
Barry_Cole

Modelfixings

Post by Barry_Cole »

Normally first class, but they just short changed me on some bearings. Now I cannot get a reply from them.

Anyone dealt with them recently.

BC
geoff_crew

Re: Modelfixings

Post by geoff_crew »

Yes Barry,
I bought some bits from them about 10 days ago and they were short on some screws (sent a pack of 10 instead of the 25 that I ordered) but when I phoned them they said no problem and sent me the balance the next day. Impressive service I thought. Just hope you get sorted.

Geoff :|
aka Motley
Barry Atkinson

Post by Barry Atkinson »

Hi Barry

Yes, bought a fair amount of stuff just recently. Have dealt with them for ages and they've always been very good!
I'm sure you'll get sorted..

Barry A
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Problem now all sorted...

BC
Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts »

I've used Modelfixings twice in the last month. Both orders arrived in 2 days and with the first order there was a mix up on the epoxy resin that I ordered from them. I ordered 24hr and they supplied 5 minute. When I emailed them, they replied apologising, saying that means that someone else had the opposite swap as well, but there was no problem, they would send out a replacement next day and I was to keep what I had as well. Sure enough the correct epoxy arrived next day. Can't fault the service provided and their range of screws and bearings, etc is well worth a look, especially their socket cap servo screws in 2 length and 1 larger size which work out as a very good deal if bought as a pack.

Ray
It's always calmer indoors :D
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I’ve used ModelFixings on and off for many years and always had prompt and fuss-free service. Highly recommended.
Andrew Ray

Post by Andrew Ray »

I recently tried to find replacement servo arm screws for the JR/Spektrum range of servos with nylon gears such as the old faithful JR591. I wanted the longer screws that are recommended for the cheaper digital servos (DS821), reason being I wanted to standardise on the longer screw so I wouldn't get mixed up. Modelfixings didn't have any screws as each manufacturer uses slightly different sizes that appear to be non-standard, so they asked me to send a screw as a pattern. They could not find an exact match but found one that was very close, they sent me a sample packet FOC for my trouble, the screws fitted perfectly.

I have used Modelfixings many times in the past and have always been highly delighted with their service.

Thank you Modelfixings.