• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Life Batteries

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
catwok

Life Batteries

Post by catwok »

Hi, does anybody have a good contact for buying Life batteries? I fly with a 2 cell 3800mah in my Salto but the supplier has gone down the pan! I'm looking at buying 2 packs of about 4200mah.... I have seen them on the Hobbyking website, but they are on constant back order, plus the reviews aren't great. I've seen prices ranging from £25 p/pack to £80 p/pack from the States but they can't post to the UK. Thanks, Paul
RobbieB

Re: Life Batteries

Post by RobbieB »

Pau,

ElectricWingman has had a good reputation in the past: https://www.electricwingman.com/
catwok

Post by catwok »

Certainly it the cheapest Robbie! I my have to sell some more Fox's!!! :lol:
catwok

Post by catwok »

Thanks Martin..... ordered 2 from Robotbirds
John Mcnamara

Post by John Mcnamara »

I strongly recomend the A123 Racing packs that Paul at Eelectric wing man sells. I have used LiFe batteries since they emerge as a power source, and The best I have used in terms of reliability and longevity are the A123 ones.
Alternatively I can sell the Jeti Power Ion (Li Ion) 2600 mAh and 5200 mAh batteries. I do not adverstie them because of the silly cost of shipping them nowadays but I do stock them. These are equally good and provide a slightly higher voltage of 7.2 V nominal.
PM me for details.
John
Attachments
PI-RB-2600.jpg
PI-RB-2600.jpg (5.56 KiB) Viewed 2562 times
PI-RB-5200.jpg
PI-RB-5200.jpg (7.43 KiB) Viewed 2562 times
John Mcnamara

Post by John Mcnamara »

Hi John,
These are Rx batteries. I thought that this was the question from the OP. I did not see your comments. If you are not needing an Rx battery, what is the battery you require for?
BR

John
John Mcnamara

Post by John Mcnamara »

Hi John,
I think what you need for this application is a Lipo. They are not dangerous, but like aeroplanes they are unforgiving of mistakes.
So use a good Charger and always balance charge. Use a lipo sack or similar. do not charge unattended. Be mindful of what you are doing when connecting up, and you will be fine.
They are though, the best choice for electric power.
John
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Can anyone recommend a small 1500-1800 2s lipo or life, 20mm x 15mm x up to 100mm at the most.
I need a replacement for a couple of models, the ones i have are puffing badly and i think its time to consign them to the battery bin in the sky.
Cheers,