Sorry I didn't make Middle Wallop today, but I put the time to good use - it's finished! (except for decals and final set up).
I had managed to convince myself that I was going to need over 3Kg of lead in the nose, so I bought 2Kg (cos I'm tight) and stuck a bolt in before I put the lead shot in each of the nose cheeks, so that I could then tune it by bolting slabs of church roof in.
So then I filled the gap between bulkheads I'd glued in to contain the lead..
Then I filled it up with resin and was about to do the other side....
When I thought it might not be a bad idea to actually check the cg and holy S$%t I only need another 500g! (note to self: should have checked this first so that I could have put less in both sides!!...)
Anyway, this is all it needed to balance on the joiner - if I need to take any out I'll have to start doing that horrible job of chipping out the shot. I reckon I stand no chance of getting the bolt out now either without damaging something. Sigh....
Anyway, I hope you all had a lovely time at Middle Wallop - it was certainly a lovely sunny day here.
Waiting for a nice South Westerly for the maiden now