• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Algebra build thread

All non-scale topis should go in here for discussion.
eric friend

Re: Algebra build thread

Post by eric friend »

In my 'in-house model shop' , i.e. the attic. I have a ready-to-fly 2.5 metre Algebra (ply fuz) complete with Fleet servos :o , a part built 2.5 metre version plus two rare unbuilt 2 metre kits. I remember seeing Sean flying the original at the Silent Flight Nats back in the 80s, it certainly used to shoot up the line! :D
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I have an algebra, told it maybe a mick reeves version! The airframe is over 40 years old now, so im reluctant to fly it. If anyone has a kit of this version or can shed any more light please pm me!

Good luck with the build, looks great!
Attachments
IMG_2445.JPG
Tctele

Post by Tctele »

Well being a new member and corresponding with Peter on his Algebra I've decided to design a new wing for my untouched kit from many moons ago. The original unbuilt wings have de laminated but I always loved the lines of the Algebra. The wing is an Aegea/Supra hybrid at 120" Using AG35 - AG37, I may change the section but this is a first draft and it would be quite easy and quick to build, EDA is 6 degrees. Please feel free to comment or suggest any improvements. This is my first real go with Wing Helper, I have Profili Pro and Compufoil, if version 4 comes out as promised by the end of the year I think it will be a great tool.

Could anyone point me please to who does laser cut ribs and webbing.

Tony
Attachments
algebra.png
Tctele

Post by Tctele »

Obviously I've done someting wrong with trying to upload a scree shot! Apologies all
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Cliff Evans wrote: 26 Nov 2017, 16:11 I do laser cutting!
And very good it is too, if I may say so....

:D :D :D :D

BC
Tctele

Post by Tctele »

Hi Cliff

I'm not quite finished with the draft yet. I need to order some carbon and select some more wood to get the exact measurements then I can finish off the wing plus do the tail feathers. Can you cut the webs as well as the ribs and is dxf ok? If you don't mind sending me your e mail address in a pm I'll send you the files when I'm done which will include a full wing planform, plus some notes which should be sometime this week. I'm in no massive rush to get them cut as I wouldn't start building until the New Year with Christmas coming up and I'm sure you're probably busy.

All the best, Tony
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

A 2nd Algebra started and the opportunity taken to get a photo of the inside of the wings just prior to adding the lower sheeting.
Attachments
Wing showing servo bays
Wing showing servo bays
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

Looking good Peter , keep at it .
robc

Post by robc »

I'm glad to see there are other fans of the Algebra out there. I love flying mine, I've even fitted it with a tow release! I'm keen to get a replacement fibreglass fuselage as mine is a bit of a mess, are they being sold by anyone yet?

Rob
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Two new Algebra now awaiting their warpaint when the weather warms up a bit.
Attachments
Both Algebra_small.JPG