• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Future plans

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
VinceC
Site Admin

Re: Future plans

Post by VinceC »

Cliffis out for the afternoon, but his email is:
cliff.evans AT blueyonder.co.uk
Andy.Meade

Post by Andy.Meade »

Many thanks Vince, email sent.
Dave Whittaker

Post by Dave Whittaker »

Hi Cliff
would also like to see more modern/new ish look gliders like the Me7,Edgley EA-9 Optimist,Libelle, and a vintage favorite of mine Cumulus 3

Dave
GeeW

Post by GeeW »

The IS-28's have been grounded for a number of years following the demise of the manufacturer and legal interpretation of the acceptable calendar life of the airframes. This has (in some countries) recently been sorted out. In the UK there should be a few IS-28's coming back on line soon.
GeeW

Post by GeeW »

The IS-30 and IS-32 are also affected, though as far as I know not yet fully resolved! Always enjoyed my hours in them all!

Gordon
Martin Dee

Post by Martin Dee »

Always thought the SZD 24 Foka would model in wood OK as a light structure with an overglassed forward section as per the full size). Nice clean lines but satisfyingly retro in overall appearance. Quarter or third scale. The ailerons look frighteningly small on the full size, but I guess could have the option of being non scale on the model.

At the other extreme, a Scud 2 in third scale with an HQ section wing as a very light subject (should be a fairly simple plan though!). Again, you could always give the builder the option of a non scale wing plan to avoid the bulbous and draggy ailerons.
Martin Dee

Post by Martin Dee »

Or even a Scud three!
John Vella

Post by John Vella »

Cliff, a third scale Standard Cirrus I am sure would make a nice flying model. I may be rather biased as it was my first glass glider. Regards John.
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

I'm sure it would fly a lot better than this one but it was only 1/5 scale and a long, long time ago:

std_cirrus_0001.jpg
std_cirrus_0002.jpg
John Vella

Post by John Vella »

Robbie, that looks like the Mick Trew Cirrus. I seem to remember it being interesting in the tip stall and low speed handling. Having had some great soaring in the full size I would hope it would be fairly benign at third scale. The Cirrus would see off the ASW 15 at the club ,especially in the climb. Regards John.