After joining, please check your email and spam folder for the confirmation email. Without this being answered your membership is not activated.

Middle Wallop Events 2018

The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
terry white

Re: Middle Wallop Events 2018

Post by terry white »

Trying to brief my Axel pilot on what to do and not to do at the coming weekend's M.W event,He said tearfully he was not too happy in going because as he said at the last meeting. "Antonia's lady pilot tried to have her wicked way with him behind the signing in tent. He Said "he had a hell of a job keeping her at arms length and was glad when Antonia insisted that she was to going flying". Poor Roger he's not been the same since. Want to know if he can be introduced to Bendywings Axel pilot this time. :oops: :lol: :lol:

The truth is My Grandson is coming home from Uni. to collect his bike by train and will only be with us for the Sunday.So unfortunately Roger and I wont be making it this time. Ill be thinking of you, have a good one. Ter

john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

Thank god you are not coming Terry.
We do not want any "rogering" on the site !!!?
AEB

P.S. Still sitting on the empty airfield watching the rain coming down. Think I will go and have a look round the museum this afternoon.
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)

roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

car packed

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I’ve just loaded my car too, for my first visit to one of these events.

terry white

Post by terry white »

Hi Trevor, Look out for Chris Witt, Another Purbeck flyer, He will be there. He is also a rookie and I was looking forward to being his ground crew for him. All the guys are great in helping a new comer to aerotowing so I am sure you will enjoy it. Regards Ter.

Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Looks like I'll have to have a word with Ashley and Debbie.... If they're intent on Rogering not to hang around, plenty of time to go flying as well, if you get your priorities right!... :o :shock:
Car packed, batteries charged, sorry you can't make it Terry have a good time with your grandson :D

Barry Atkinson

Post by Barry Atkinson »

I'm all loaded up and ready! Sounds like most of the other 'Newent Massif' chaps will be too!
Fingers crossed for a good day!

Barry A

john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

A huge thank you to everyone who turned out to MW today. I hope you enjoyed the great weather and challenging thermal conditions which made you work for any height gains. Congratulations to all those who mastered the weak conditions and had good long flights. Several of over 1 hour were logged.
Your support today has made all the efforts of the Ghost Squadron team worthwhile and we look forward ? to entering negotiations with MW to fix dates for next year.
A final thank you to all the tug pilots who delivered Stirling service today to get you all airborne and a special thanks to Bernie Jones, a new tug pilot who towed all day and showed definate improvement in his towing as the day progressed. We always need new tug pilots and thanks to all who hooked up behind him to give him a chance to learn the art of towing.

Best regards

The Ghost Squadron Team.

P.S We look forward to issuing fines to those who went home with the tags....We know who you are but will give a 1 week amnesty if you post them back to John !!!!!!
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

And my thanks to the GS and everyone else for making this newcomer so welcome. I thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Oh, and nobody told me Bernie was new to towing! I’m pleased to have helped him up the learning curve and certainly had no complaints!

simon_t

Post by simon_t »

What a splendid end to the season. The wind eased, the temperature rose, and the thermals were consistent if not the strongest. I only had a few flights today, but they were all nice and long. There were some periods where loads of models were all milling around in the same patch of good air, at a variety of heights. Big thanks to all the GS crew, including Bernie who did a lot of towing. Hopefully we can return next year to this fantastic venue. Now the season is over, I can hopefully get back to some building, including my Pawnee tug.

Simon
Attachments
244A6A39-64CB-46BC-BF31-D7E38E1CD0FD.jpeg
E2800708-372B-496F-B591-AF172137DEC4.jpeg
0F065E92-2395-4391-8BBE-51F6C1A7FB68.jpeg
82AEABFE-2E60-4CD0-91CA-1F18E41327E8.jpeg