Page 1 of 1

Savox servo

Posted: 27 May 2018, 17:40
by roo Hawkins
Has anyone had any experience of savox servos .are they any good or not. Thanks Roo

Re: Savox servo

Posted: 27 May 2018, 18:26
by Simon WS
Generally viewed as being very good I would say Roo. The only one I have used personally though is a low profile coreless one I had on the ASG29. It behaved perfectly up until the crash when it stripped a gear, but I don't think we can hold that against it - 200G can do that to a gear!!

Si

Posted: 27 May 2018, 19:51
by simon_t
I have found the standard size with titanium gears to be excellent. There is a set of 7 in my Porter tug, DA50 powered so plenty of vibration, and they are still going strong after nearly 10 years and many hours flying. The midi size are also OK, and the smaller ones I stay away from because their centering is not that great. Never had any fail or break a gear.

Simon

Posted: 01 Jun 2018, 17:32
by John Vella
I agree with the Simon and I only use Hitec or Savox servos standard and HV. The SAVOX SC1258 TG is a particularly robust servo and survived a 700 Heli crash without any damage. I think the Savox servo is amongst the best. Regards John.

Posted: 04 Jun 2018, 11:11
by jimbo
Yes another positive here, the only downside i can see is they are sometimes buzzy, which can seem a bit out of place on a vintage scalie, and perhaps not on a modern glass ship.