m100_first_rig.jpg

Re: M100S

Posted: 17 Mar 2015, 23:35
by alexis scott
Looking very very nice, I like it!!

Posted: 19 Mar 2015, 08:48
by RobbieB
Thanks chaps; can't see getting much done in the next few weeks..................

Posted: 20 Mar 2015, 07:23
by march
That's looking good Robbie, still in love with Morelli sailplanes ! ;) Marc

Posted: 20 Mar 2015, 09:29
by RobbieB
Thanks Marc.

Yes, a little different and a bit of a challenge.

Posted: 07 Apr 2015, 21:51
by RobbieB
incidence_pins.jpg
Incidence plates and pins fitted (sharp intake of breath from the rubber band boys!).

Time for sheeting.

Posted: 18 Apr 2015, 22:10
by RobbieB
Sheeting started - 0.4mm ply ironed on - butt jointed over 20mm wide 0.4mm ply back straps.
sheeting_1.jpg
sheeting_2.jpg
The rib that each strap is glued to is reduced in depth by the thickness of the ply, top and bottom. Easily done with a piece of sandpaper glued to the face of a strip of 12 x 12mm pine long enough to bridge the two adjacent ribs.

Posted: 19 Apr 2015, 08:47
by B Sharp
Nice Robbie! Just a thought based on experience - would it be worth while to double up on the LE ply thickness over the two or three ribs next to the fuselage? That's the place that the wing gets the most handling and .4 ply is quite thin.
Brian. :)

Posted: 19 Apr 2015, 09:55
by RobbieB
Brian,

I know exactly what you mean but I've never had a problem with ply sheeting, even thin 0.4mm.; those chunky root ribs seem to take care of the 'launching rash' ok.

It's balsa sheeting cracking that I've suffered from in the past. I refurbished my old K8 some years ago and got the fright of my life when I stripped the covering off the wings - I don't know what was holding them together!

I think anything over 1:3.5 scale I would move up to 0.8mm ply.

I have been very aware of weight in the wings on this thing as those rotating brake assemblies are 510mm long (6 main rib bays) and are going to be heavy.

Posted: 17 May 2015, 21:24
by RobbieB
Right, that's the hard bit done - laminating sheets of 0.8mm ply.

IMG_0065.jpg

Just got to turn 'em into 6 of these now:

IMG_0066.jpg

At least there's only 6 this time - and no holes.

Posted: 10 Jun 2015, 21:50
by RobbieB
Half way home from real airbrake hell.

[youtube][/youtube]

Just got to box them up, combine the pushrods and put the stops in - one for each blade.

Oh, and build a second set..............

Posted: 11 Jun 2015, 06:03
by B Sharp
"Hats off" Robbie, seriously trick brakes. Well done.

Posted: 11 Jun 2015, 19:39
by Geoff Pearce
No crosses! All ticks from me,
Well done

Posted: 11 Jun 2015, 20:37
by RobbieB
And now just a case of 12 perfectly snug slots to be cut in the capping sheeting (per wing) - piece of cake.............. :lol:

Posted: 18 Dec 2015, 22:09
by RobbieB
As I am about to re-start my M100S build (a small problem stopped play somewhat earlier in the year) I thought I would briefly recap on the build that was started on the old forum but was, unfortunately, one of those that disappeared into the ether.

So, the basic structure in the jig:

IMG_0025 (1).jpg

Cable runs and guids down the fuz:

IMG_0003.jpg

Battery compartment:

IMG_0021 (2).jpg

Release servo:

IMG_0029_1.jpg

Front 1.5mm planking and skid mounts:

IMG_0009_1.jpg

Tailplane mounting bracket and spar locator plate:

IMG_0019 (2).jpg

More to follow.

Apologies to those who have seen them before but I did promise to salvage as much of the thread as I could.

Posted: 19 Dec 2015, 08:29
by RobbieB
Tailplane alignment:

IMG_0007 (2).jpg

Located on mounting plate:

IMG_0076.jpg

Snug between tailplane and elevator:

IMG_0080.jpg

Posted: 19 Dec 2015, 08:33
by RobbieB
The fuselage transition from the wing TE - a bit tricky was that:
IMG_0045_1 (2).jpg

Posted: 19 Dec 2015, 08:51
by B Sharp
Pretty neat Robbie! I don't think I would have been able to get my head round that one, even after I had seen it done!
Brian. :?

Posted: 19 Dec 2015, 16:00
by RobbieB
Thanks Brian, I was on the point of doing it in balsa (like I did with the 200) until I got hold of works drawings and it all became clear. Got to be spot on with the former shapes though or it doesn't work.

Posted: 19 Dec 2015, 16:39
by RobbieB
Built up spars
Built up spars
Leading edge ribs
Leading edge ribs
Checking joiner tubes for alignment
Checking joiner tubes for alignment
Trailing edge ribs
Trailing edge ribs

Posted: 19 Dec 2015, 22:12
by RobbieB
IMG_0015_1.jpg
The trailing edge is a 0.4mm ply/6mm balsa/0.4mm ply sandwich - the balsa sanded to the rib taper when dry.
IMG_0014_1.jpg
The balsa inserts and the bottom ply laminate are clamped between two pieces of straight, 20x5mm pine strips when drying.

Posted: 02 Mar 2016, 16:28
by RobbieB
A little progress, but progress nonetheless.

[youtube][/youtube]

Posted: 02 Mar 2016, 16:51
by chris williams
Blimey Robbie, even the Wookie is faster than you these days! Would you consider those brakes any less hassle to close than the scissor variety?

Posted: 02 Mar 2016, 22:21
by RobbieB
Chris,

Yes, I'm afraid some stuff has got in the way of late but I am building a little momentum now (and before someone chips in, that's not a little known pre war sailplane).

The six sets of blades open and close very easily without the geometry problems of Schemp type brakes so there is little load on the servo. The front and rear sets are driven by their own pushrod connected via a transverse link so only a single rod to the servo is required.

The tricky bit is setting them up which is achieved by using a clevis for each blade so they can be adjusted independently. The problem is, it can't be done accurately until the brake box is secured in the wing as the blades are flopping around like a you know what on a trampoline until that is done, so it then makes final adjustment difficult in the confined space available. I don't think I'll be doing another one of these!

The picture below explains it better.
m100_brakes.jpg

Posted: 03 Mar 2016, 10:59
by B Sharp
Better you than me Robbie, but it will look cool on approach.

Posted: 12 Apr 2016, 16:19
by RobbieB
Brake sheeting going on leaving each blade standing a little proud until the covering and a couple of coats of primer have been applied - then sanded back flush. A right chore!

I seem to remember when I did my M200 I applied each piece of sheeting to include one set of blades complete but I've found this time it is very time consuming trying to get two slots accurately positioned in one piece of ply so individual blades at a time it is.
brake_sheeting.jpg

Posted: 12 Apr 2016, 18:42
by terry white
This is excellent work Robbie, a lesson in modelling perfection, Flying friends from Middle Wallop tell me that if I were to ask you really nicely you would build me one!! :D :D

Posted: 12 Apr 2016, 21:48
by RobbieB
Terry,

By the time I get these b****y brakes boxed off and I can concentrate on getting the the rest of the model finished I think I will just about be ready to take a life - probably my own!!

Coming up the Mynd this year?

Posted: 13 Apr 2016, 20:36
by terry white
Robbie, don't get into too much of a tis-was over those dam brakes,I hear Graupner or multiplex still have some they will sell you,and if you'r still looking to take a life I'm not coming any where near Shropshire for a couple of years. :lol: :lol:

Joking aside Lindy and I enjoyed all your guys company so much last year that we hope to attend both get togethers this year, so cook me a sausage for supper, medium rare. :lol: :lol: ter.

Posted: 09 May 2016, 17:08
by RobbieB
Wing tip block retaining plates.

Like the full size, the frise aileron outer hinge pivot is incorporated into this but unlike the full size this is obviously removable. Withdraw the two bolts, the tip block comes off and the aileron can then be removed should needs be.

Unlike the full size I will not be replicating the tip protectors with tie down holes as I got fed up with them getting ripped off my 200 during heather slope landings.

The plates to trim to size and balsa blocks to add.
end_plate_1.jpg
end_plate_2.jpg

Posted: 02 Jun 2016, 22:07
by RobbieB
top_sheeting.jpg
Top sheeting being added with the wing supported on its profile supports to retain the correct incidence. The wing needs all the supports shown to avoid any distortion as a consequence of the iron pressure during the hot PVA gluing process.
frise_hinge.jpg
Centre hinge for the frise ailerons - only three hinges on each aileron and all will be installed and pinned before the ailerons are cut from the wing.

Posted: 22 Jul 2016, 22:13
by RobbieB
Aileron hinges installed 2mm below the surface of the aileron and the aileron cut free.

I breathed a sigh of relief when the released surface moved freely throughout its travel.
aileron_hinge_2.jpg
In fact free enough to rotate almost 180 degrees down without binding.
aileron_hinge_3.jpg
Problem is, the whole assembly is designed to be held in position by the removable tips but unfortunately I have discovered in order to then slide the aileron out of the centre and inboard hinges, the aileron spar has to be cut away leaving little more than the fabric covering holding the two halves together. Not good. So, the centre and inboard hinges will have to be modified using removable pins (as per full size) and the centre hinge bracket also modified by reducing its depth considerably. Ah the joys of prototyping.

6mm balsa to be added to the LE of the aileron to be shaped to give a rolling clearance over its travel within the shroud.

Posted: 06 Aug 2016, 17:52
by RobbieB
The frise aileron with its leading edge applied - difficult to get the correct rolling clearance over the whole travel.

The gap underneath really opens up on the down going side and the hinge geometry is set almost identical to the full size.
aileron_le.jpg
The leading edge profile.
aileron_le_2.jpg

Posted: 22 Jul 2018, 17:20
by RobbieB
Ah, another Phoenix rises from the ashes (as does the balsa dust).

Profiling the aileron leading edge shrouds on the right wing - what a faff. The profile is not a straight radius, it changes top to bottom and has to be identical in both wings as the gap at the underside changes depending upon the ailerons position so it's got to be right in both wings.

frise_shroud_rw.JPG

To further complicate matters, you will see from the photos below the gap increases from root to tip. Anyone any ideas as to why?

mesange4.JPG
mesange 7.JPG

Posted: 23 Jul 2018, 11:24
by RobbieB
.................and they won't be like that on the model Cliff because to my eternal shame I have only recently noticed that. Everything is now set in stone and isn't going to be changed.

I suppose I will just have to come to terms with the night terrors and bed wetting, waiting for the Scale Police to get on my case.

Posted: 23 Jul 2018, 13:32
by chris williams
I suppose I will just have to come to terms with the night terrors and bed wetting, waiting for the Scale Police to get on my case.

Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb, Robbie...paint a fake moustache on the front then sit back a wait for the explosion!

Posted: 23 Jul 2018, 13:36
by Barry_Cole
Don't you have an I-CROZ to fix????

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BC

Posted: 18 Jan 2019, 22:40
by RobbieB
I have been thinking about how to go about the aileron pushrod shrouds on the 100 which are almost certainly glass on the full size:

Carmam-M100-59.JPG

To make such a thin thin walled shroud I opted to do the same. Unfortunately when I opened my bottles of epoxy laminating resin the catalyst was a most definitely 'off' colour.

So, make the plug out of balsa - too small and fiddly to use foam:

shroud_plug.jpg

Pull a small piece of light glass cloth over the plug as normal:

shroud_cloth.jpg

Soak with watery cyno:

shroud_cyno.jpg

Trim off and repeat with second layer and then remove the balsa plug with the Dremel leaving a nice, thin walled, flexible but strong shroud:

shroud_hollow.jpg

That one is a bit rough as it was the first experiment.

The big advantage here is, it's very quick and you don't have the inconvenience of mixing up the epoxy resin or trying to keep the glass cloth in contact with the very small plug while it cures.

I think the real secret of success here is knowing when to put the Dremel down and finish hollowing out with sandpaper.

Posted: 19 Jan 2019, 09:14
by John Vella
RobbieB wrote: ā†‘22 Jul 2018, 17:20 Ah, another Phoenix rises from the ashes (as does the balsa dust).

Profiling the aileron leading edge shrouds on the right wing - what a faff. The profile is not a straight radius, it changes top to bottom and has to be identical in both wings as the gap at the underside changes depending upon the ailerons position so it's got to be right in both wings.

frise_shroud_rw.JPG

To further complicate matters, you will see from the photos below the gap increases from root to tip. Anyone any ideas as to why?

mesange4.JPG

mesange 7.JPG
Robbie the reason for the increasing gap towards the tip is to increase venting and drag which helps with adverse yaw on rolling the glider. It is of little consequence in our realm of flying. Even the Scale Police would have been very eagle eyed to spot it on the model. Keep going , good work. Regards John.

Posted: 19 Jan 2019, 11:20
by RobbieB
Thanks for that info John, I knew there had to be a reason for it.

I'm sure you're right, none of this should matter a lot down at our scales but that said, I have no idea how these frise ailerons are going to perform.

Anyway, after the nightmare they have been I'm more than ready for the Scale Police. Certain phrases containing references to personal anatomy and sunshine immediately spring to mind....................

Posted: 19 Jan 2019, 17:42
by B Sharp
Robbie, I was also worried about the effectiveness or lack of when I built the frise ailerons on my 1:3.5 scale Oly 463. I shouldn't have bothered my little head about them - they handled exactly like ailerons - they banked the model perfectly.
Brian. ;)

Posted: 19 Jan 2019, 22:58
by RobbieB
Scale Police wrote: ā†‘19 Jan 2019, 16:39 Hello, hello, hello! What's all this then?
I just knew it.................................

Brian, it's the large gap that I have concerns about. On the full size you can almost get your hand all the way through from bottom to top. Surely can't be doing the wing's efficiency any favours? Not to mention how far the leading edge of the up-going aileron protrudes below the bottom of the wing.

Carmam-M100-72.JPG

Shroud fitted:

DSC_0082.JPG

Posted: 20 Jan 2019, 09:17
by Peter Balcombe
Robbie,
I thought that the large amount of up-going aileron LE droop below the wing surface was the main point of the Frise aileron, in order to create drag on that side to counter adverse yaw.

I would have thought that the increasing amount of gap as you go out along the aileron is also likely to be intentional.
Maybe the intention is to take air from the high pressure side of the wing at that point to reduce lift - helping to drop the down-going wing, or even to blow it over the upper surface of the aileron?
Iā€™m sure an aerodynamicist could explain all.

Posted: 20 Jan 2019, 09:37
by John Vella
Sorry if I am teaching you the obvious Robbie, but here we go . In normal flight the leakage is minimal. On application of a normal aileron the upward going wing on a high AR glider produces more drag than the deflection of the downward going wing due to operating in higher pressure air. This ADVERSE yaw can be overcome usually by differential movement. However the FRISE aileron provides an equally effective solution. On application of upward aileron movement the leading edge does two things by increasing drag (Good for adverse yaw) and vents high pressure air from below the wing to the top of the aileron increasing the downward rolling force. This system is about control effectiveness not just efficiency, especially at higher angles of attack. Regards John.

Posted: 20 Jan 2019, 11:22
by B Sharp
Robbie, the top surface gap on my Oly 463 is negligible when there is no aileron deflection but the gap between the lower LE of the aileron and the lower wing surface is rather more substantial. This is in order to allow the lower nose of the aileron to rotate upwards into the wing when the surface is deflected downwards (if that makes sense).
When the surface is deflected upwards there is a very substantial portion of the aileron nose protruding below the surface of the wing as well as a mighty gap. This is due to the position of the aileron pivot points on the lower surface of the aileron. (pivot is in the scale position) At the same time the gap on the upper surface between the aileron and the wing opens up and you get a good view of the grass below.
As I said before I was concerned as to the handling and effectiveness but it turned out ok. As john said, the whole point of the frise arrangement was to create drag as well as negative lift. However this is only partially effective in my model and also the full size machine. On my model I still have to put in a chunk of rudder to avoid adverse yaw. This is exactly like the full size Oly463 where it was normal to lead with a bootfull of rudder on the turns to keep the initiation sweet (if my memory serves me well).
P.S. I am cleaning up my models at the moment. I will try and get some pic of my ailerons later today and post them here if it helps.

Posted: 20 Jan 2019, 16:04
by B Sharp
I checked my Oly463 wing this afternoon and took a few photos as promised. My memory of the gaps was not as accurate as I thought previously. :o However the amount that the nose of the aileron protrudes below the bottom surface is still quite significant. I hope this is of a little help Robbie.

Posted: 20 Jan 2019, 18:39
by Geoff Pearce
B Sharp wrote: ā†‘20 Jan 2019, 16:04 I checked my Oly463 wing this afternoon and took a few photos as promised. My memory of the gaps was not as accurate as I thought previously. :o However the amount that the nose of the aileron protrudes below the bottom surface is still quite significant. I hope this is of a little help Robbie.
Looks like a good cleaning job Brian :D :lol:

Posted: 20 Jan 2019, 22:23
by RobbieB
Thanks for the interest and the comments guys and the photos Brian.

I am familiar with the principle of frise ailerons in all their guises, it was just a little nervousness regarding the performance in the case of the 100 - that gap being so big and all.

The aileron has a sculptured LE and together with the hinge point being outside the lower surface of the aileron, as the aileron moves the gap remains constant throughout its travel:
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0044.JPG
...that being quite significant even at neutral.

I'm sure all will be well - as long as I get a good roll rate I will be happy as for sure, I'll need it as the those flippin' brakes have made the wings a bit on the heavy side.

Posted: 21 Jan 2019, 08:49
by Peter Balcombe
Nice job Robbie šŸ˜€

Posted: 21 Jan 2019, 10:45
by B Sharp
I bet you had fun getting that to the correct shape Robbie.
Brian :)

Posted: 21 Jan 2019, 10:51
by RobbieB
Not ready to talk about that yet Brian................

The second photo does show the gap to have closed a little on full up but that is only because the end is unsupported with the tip block removed.

Posted: 21 Jan 2019, 21:04
by Jolly Roger
Suffering aileron-envy here.

Often known to hinge my ailerons using the "Diamond tape" method. Highly technical. ;)

Mesmerising workmanship as ever Robbie.

Posted: 21 Jan 2019, 22:04
by RobbieB
Thanks for comment Rog.

Don't worry about the 'Diamond' tape, after the last few weeks it has taken on a whole new appeal for me. I'm a fan anyway, used it lots over the years when its been possible.

Had a sport aerobatic model pile into the slope at a trillion mph some years ago - amongst the sea of 'confetti' there were the ailerons still stuck to the top balsa sheeting/glass cloth with 'Diamond' tape. Be very sad when my last roll runs out.

Posted: 08 Apr 2019, 21:15
by RobbieB
Whoops time - really must concentrate more.

Spot the deliberate mistake:

IMG_0045.JPG

...........and an object lesson in being careful with the scalpel when trimming Diatex:

IMG_0047.JPG

Sod stripping it all off, I'm just going to patch the bay and hide the joint when I paint - it's underneath anyway.
Well that's two, just waiting for number three to come along now. This is doing my legendary, speed of light building no end of good......................

Posted: 08 Apr 2019, 23:40
by RobbieB
.........but it would take a lot of the pain away Cliff.

Been sorely tempted to put the whole b****y thing through the shredder before now.

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 13:05
by Philkiteflyer
RobbieB wrote: ā†‘08 Apr 2019, 21:15 Spot the deliberate mistake:
Uuummmmmm . . .. You used 'Left twisted' servo wire in the right wing ? ? ? :? :? :roll: :roll: :D
BTW, I bet there isn't a fullsize M100 out there that doesn't have any patches . . . a flying one that is. 8-)
You won't see it at 500ft anyway. (the patch I mean :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phillip C
PS:- Do you have a colour scheme picked out yet? I like this one.
https://m100s.jimdo.com/friend-gliders-picture-gallery/

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 23:51
by RobbieB
Left hand threaded servo cable - how did I miss that :lol:

I think it will be this one Phil:

m100_2.pdf
(213.28 KiB) Downloaded 253 times

Posted: 18 Apr 2019, 12:23
by Philkiteflyer
RobbieB wrote: ā†‘10 Apr 2019, 23:51
I think it will be this one Phil:
That'll do nicely. That yellow should be easy to spot in a blue sky.

Phillip C

Posted: 27 Apr 2019, 00:11
by RobbieB
canopy_templates.JPG

Started giving some thought to the canopy plug - being rather complicated by the rise at the front of the opening. Not quite as straight forward as a conventional cockpit.

It will be out of high density blue foam so I thought I would produce a plug to exactly fit the opening then add the front, rear and bottom extensions to enable the pull, gradually flattening out the rise to a straight base - unless someone can think of a better way.

Posted: 30 Apr 2019, 09:30
by VinceC
Stop what you are doing. There is a full size available free and not far away from you Rob

Posted: 30 Apr 2019, 10:11
by RobbieB
Thanks for that Vince but I don't think the canopy is going to fit :lol:

However, I do have a couple of flying buddies in Frodsham, hmmm.................................

Posted: 30 Apr 2019, 10:23
by RobbieB
......anyway, too late now, already started my most favourite job (I think not).

IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG

There won't be a sanding block goes near that lot in the workshop! My wife's best kitchen knife, that's ok - well, with me anyway :evil:

Posted: 30 Apr 2019, 12:08
by Barry_Cole
Can't wait to see that canopy..!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

BC

Posted: 30 Apr 2019, 16:07
by RobbieB
Yep, a bit scary Barry but still struggling to escape from my 'Cubist' era.

Posted: 30 Apr 2019, 23:26
by RobbieB
IMG_0064.JPG

Looking a bit more like a canopy plug now - lots to do yet though.

Posted: 08 May 2019, 18:02
by RobbieB
Making good use of all that space up the front.

IMG_0068.JPG

Posted: 13 Sep 2019, 17:54
by RobbieB
Although having done two custom canopy plugs before very successfully they were a lot more conventional in shape. This M100 canopy even made Barry at Sarik draw breath.

The problem, for my stage of the proceedings is the accepted method of isolating the blue foam from the polyester resin in the fibreglass reinforcing using parcel tape - hence my enquiry a little while ago re the use of epoxy resin (took good advice on that one).

The problem is, covering a shape like this one in parcel tape is not good - wrinkles everywhere there is a compound curve and on this plug there are a few acute ones.

IMG_0075.JPG

Not at all happy with the result so stripped it all of (together with the odd spot of foam).

I got to thinking, polyester resin should be fine with PVA so I coated a test piece of foam with three coats of undiluted PVA (cheapo stuff) and laid some cloth on it. Absolutely fine; no reaction with the resin at all and when I tried to pull it off it just destroyed the foam but didn't break the bond.

By-by parcel tape...................

IMG_0076.JPG

Posted: 13 Sep 2019, 22:32
by RobbieB
Cliff, thanks for the very kind offer but I feel I would need to glass anyway with the plug being blue foam - at least two layers.

I will look at the Vac-cast stuff for the next one and think about using fibre board next time. Bad stuff though.......even outside.

Which particular resin do you use?

Posted: 14 Sep 2019, 10:14
by RobbieB
Thanks Cliff - I get my epoxy and cloth from them.

Strewth, I see what you mean about pricey.

Posted: 09 Oct 2019, 11:07
by RobbieB
As covering progresses (slowly - I know, much to everyone's surprise........................) the sensibility of leaving this the way it is haunts me a little. Very vulnerable - Scale Police notwithstanding of course.

Not really sure of its purpose - not an aerodynamic balance surely and do they have mass balances on rudders?

_DSC0004.JPG
_DSC0006.JPG

Posted: 09 Oct 2019, 17:43
by John Vella
Robbie that is a mass balance you have there. I suggest you leave it in or you could inflict the wrath of the SCALE POLICE. Regards John.

Posted: 09 Oct 2019, 23:22
by RobbieB
Probably will John - until the first (and last) time it gets broken. Anyway, I think the SCALE POLICE (see capitals this time) are off on a jollie at the minute?

Posted: 17 Oct 2019, 20:17
by B Sharp
NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oops Sorry - wrong program!
Brian. :lol:

Posted: 17 Oct 2019, 22:26
by chris williams
...and just think. Soon there will be 20,000 of them... (Thinks: must polish my rivets)

Posted: 20 Mar 2022, 16:32
by RobbieB
Back to the grindstone............................

canopy_hoop.jpg

Rear canopy hoop laminations in their former.

Posted: 20 Mar 2022, 21:54
by Jolly Roger
Great to see you back on the M100 again Robbie. :)

Posted: 21 Mar 2022, 10:28
by RobbieB
Thanks Rog - had to put it to bed a while back, had some more important stuff to deal with and it has taken a little while to get the enthusiasm back.

Posted: 05 Nov 2022, 15:59
by RobbieB
A little progress (better than none at all) as life has me by the you know whats at the minute.

All the canopy frame bits:

IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0034.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG

............and all stuck together (what a nightmare!):

IMG_0041.JPG

Posted: 06 Nov 2022, 11:25
by chris williams
life has me by the you know whats at the minute.

My late mother-in-law had a saying: ' Life with a capital Hell' I wouldn't mind, but it was the way she looked at me when she said it...!

Nice work, Robbie

Posted: 27 Apr 2023, 17:57
by RobbieB
Still chipping away:

The skid laminated up in its jig.

skid_jig2.jpg

Posted: 28 Apr 2023, 11:45
by Mike F
Robbie
Great to see you back on the M100!
Mike

Posted: 28 Apr 2023, 12:38
by RobbieB
Thanks Mike,

just had a lot of more important stuff (still having) getting in the way.

Posted: 03 Jul 2023, 12:21
by RobbieB
Absolutely the last time I do a working skid..................

skid_2.jpg

Can't really see the point.

Posted: 03 Jul 2023, 12:25
by chris williams
Already have the T-shirt, Robbie... ;)