• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Charger schematic

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Peter Balcombe

Charger schematic

Post by Peter Balcombe »

I recently managed to repair a broken Hyperion EOS 0610i Duo charger which had a faulty No.2 channel (kept dropping out of battery charging routine immediately after performing battery check on this channel), luckily finding a short circuited power transistor in the row underneath the PCB/big heatsink at the back of the unit.

Whilst waiting for a replacement part to arrive I checked the web in case there were any commercial charger schematics available & found one for the single channel 50W iMAX B6 charger. (Hopefully Barry can put up the PDF for me as I cannot find a way to do it on my iPad).
This appears to contain generic circuitry elements as the channel charging output circuiry appears to be the same (allbeit with beefier components) as in the Hyperion charger.
This circuit may therefore be useful to others trying to diagnose faults in other battery chargers.
Note that the schematic does not show the processor, display or keypad - only the supporting circuitry. However, I suspect that this covers much of what is likely to go wrong.
P.S. I also managed to fix a broken IMAX Quattro charger recently which had 'dead' LCD display panels. Despite the fact that the LCD displays were items with printed wiring connections, they were actually able to be replaced with standard parallel interface 16x2 alphanumeric LCD modules.
Emailing.pdf
(139.24 KiB) Downloaded 531 times