• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Wing joiner blades

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
terry white

Re: Wing joiner blades

Post by terry white »

Hi Paul,
Don't even think about it, :shock: Sorry. Terry
larrikin

Post by larrikin »

Gents,

Probably a long shot but is there ANY manufacturer that produces spring steel blade joiners these days?
I'm restoring an 25% K-13, built from Charlesworth plans by my father over 30 years ago.

He decided in his naivety to set 5/8 i/d aluminium tubes between, and parallel to, the spar caps instead of perpendicular to the fuselage.
This brought about some "issuses" regarding the bend in the aluminium rod that he used as the joiner bar.

Any "G" loads (+ve or -ve) tried to rotate wing and put unneccessary loads on the fuselage.

I've removed the lower sheeting around the aluminium tubes and ground them out, leaving the spars intact.
Ideally I'd like to build it as per plan but if I can't get the spring steel blade then I'll need to return to tubes and rod.

Thanks

David
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

David,

You can get the traditional flat steel joiners from Gliders: http://www.gliders.uk.com/Steel-wirerod ... oducts/58/.

You can get it from other sources but Gliders usually give very good service. If you do source elsewhere I would recommend the 15mm in preference to 14 as it is often a better fit in the brass tube.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

B****r, I was going t say that.....

BC

:D :D :D :D
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

New alarm clock for Christmas is it Barry? :lol:
geoff_crew

Post by geoff_crew »

Hi Steve,

If you mean 15 x 2mm steel blade with a 3mm brass box, Gliders are the best bet as per Robbie's thread. Hope this is what you intended, if not perhaps someone else might know where to get a 3mm steel blade !!

Regards

Geoff :)
aka Motley
larrikin

Post by larrikin »

Thanks fellas.
Good intell.
D.
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

Careful what you order, Steve: I have noticed that they show the blade in two thicknesses, 1.5 and 2mm