People are joining and then emailing me to ask for plans. We do expect you to contribute to the community before being granted this option. I have added a section to the rules of the forum to cover this.

H101 Salto wing section

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Peter Balcombe

H101 Salto wing section

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Looking at designing a new built-up wing to go on a PT ¼ scale Salto.

In common with most scale model fuselages, the Salto has wing root stubs with the original airfoil section, which is thought to be a Ritz 1 type as far as Pat can recall.
Pat thinks that the model would fly better with a Ritz 3 section.

Has anyone a better (airfoil) suggestion for this aerobatic model?
Peter

Keith

Re: H101 Salto wing section

Post by Keith »

Have you checked with Cliff Evan's as he was going to do built up wings for Pat's models.

Keith

B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Peter. The first thing you should check is the angle of incidence of both roof stubs on the fuselage. Many years ago I picked up an unstarted kit for the PT Salto. I built it as per plan/instructions (bear in mind I had built several PT kits before) and very nice it looked too. When I flew it however it had a serious right hand turn which could only be held with full aileron trim. I checked the wings for warps but they looked true. I eventually checked the angles of incidence and found there was a 2 degree difference left to right. This was traced back to the wing stubs themselves. I eventually managed to bodge up a fix but this is the only fuselage where I had this problem.
Brian. :)

Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Keith wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 12:22
Have you checked with Cliff Evan's as he was going to do built up wings for Pat's models.

Keith
I think I know who was getting the job ;)

From what you say Brian, it would be worth Cliff giving the new mould doner fuselage a good coat of looking at before potentially perpetuating any possible offset.