Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

Phoenix ASK 21 6.5 mtr test flight

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Euan Galloway

Phoenix ASK 21 6.5 mtr test flight

Post by Euan Galloway »

Test flew my ASK today hand launched off my local slope , went really well now needs the brake on the esc setting and a bit more aileron movement.
https://youtu.be/XWiGXkJYWNM

Euan Galloway

Re: Phoenix ASK 21 6.5 mtr test flight

Post by Euan Galloway »

First landing a non event
https://youtu.be/WU-m6CDNrg8

Euan Galloway

Post by Euan Galloway »

No loops rolls or turbine, a first for me ??

Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Well done!

B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Well done Euan, liked the wee dance at the end. Where were you flying - I noticed the bikes passing when you were on approach?
Brian.

Phill Tadman

Post by Phill Tadman »

Nice!

Chris Bowles

Post by Chris Bowles »

Very nice Euan, you looked pleased with the flight and landing ☺☺ are you going to keep it for next year's event 👍👍

Euan Galloway

Post by Euan Galloway »

Thanks chaps ,
Always wanted something large and totally impractical to chuck off the slope , this meets all criteria!! . Really happy with the first flights and will add a few tweaks to my settings both on the esc and some more aileron movement before flying off a flat field . The model needed a few modifications for longevity and to remove weight to comply with current under 20 kg rules ( sensibly changing to 25 kg ) later in the year. It was more nervous doing the final weight test than the test flights !! Came in with 10 s 4000 mah lipos at 19.8 kgs . Power available is 2600 watts but will increase with 12 s in the future . Yes the approach was entertaining when the bikes passed with loud music blaring out . We fly full-size at this site so plenty of space . Not an everyday slope model but will keep for the future.To the scale purists no turbine , loops or rolls were involved!!!!!