• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Mini Table Saw Pro

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Peter Balcombe

Re: Mini Table Saw Pro

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Yes Vince, that is what I expected.
I am not convinced that the parcel was from the Table Saw supplier in China, particularly as it obviously came via Royal Mail. However, I cannot think how the drill came to be sent. The parcel markings give nothing away & there was no paperwork inside the parcel.
I’ll wait & see what happens!
MDev

Post by MDev »

Surely this is showing up a common problem we all have? My bandsaw copes easily with balsa but not with anything else, I’m on my third one. I have to use my chop saw to get the wood down to smaller sizes and then a small table saw that the fence keeps moving on, it now has a 80 teeth blade and is powerful enough but can’t cope with pressure from the side, the fence just moves.

The Proxxon saws are aimed towards light balsa use and the gap up to tools that get a lot of use is huge. I’ve been working with oak and 10mm ply lately, a good way to kill many power tools and as for a sheet of brass.... Yes, I’ve already been round Axminster tools and caught myself drooling at the thought of a fully equipped workshop but my numbers haven’t given any satisfaction on the Eurolotto.😀
Max Wright

Post by Max Wright »

A bit late for me. I just ordered and received a Proxxon. :x
Max
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

My recently purchased Proxxon died and was sent off for repair yesterday...just goes to show, you don't always get what you pay for :(
Max Wright

Post by Max Wright »

chris williams wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 22:17 My recently purchased Proxxon died and was sent off for repair yesterday...just goes to show, you don't always get what you pay for :(
Aaghh! Don't say that Chris. :shock:
Max
Ian Davis

Post by Ian Davis »

I've abused my Proxxon saw for many years and it's still going strong. They're fine as long as you're patient when feeding material. The only drawback with them is that the blades don't last for ever.

Makes me wonder where mini table saw pro purchasers will get replacement blades :o
Keith

Post by Keith »

Hi i agree with Ian i also have had mine for years and had no trouble, ive cut upto 1/2 " ply and hard wood.

Keith
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

I have both the Proxon and the Mini Table saw. There are new blades available on eBay, but bear in mind that the Proxon blades are much smaller in size and by definition the tooth ware must be far higher and they don't cut metal.

The Mini Table saw has a speed controller and comes with a load of extra tools and a neat chuck on the side for deburring your cuts with a small orbital sander or anything other use you come up with. The whole lot is only around £90, a drop in the ocean compared to what we are spending on our models/tech.

I don't say Buy One, just giving you options

ps It doesn't make your coffee when in the workshop

Watch the YouTube video here:

Ian Davis

Post by Ian Davis »

Hi Vince

Thanks for posting that. I presume from the spec. that the blade is 110mm diameter with a 20mm bore. Is that correct?

If so, as you said there are plenty of spare blades available.

Think I need one! ;)
Martin Gough

Post by Martin Gough »

I have the proxxon saw which like people say is good on balsa but struggles with ply
with any thickness. Mine died recently so did a search on you tube and came up with
a repair which is to replace the choke part of the electrics. Bought a couple off eBay
and fitted one and all good, cost a few quid.