• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Mini Table Saw Pro

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
VinceC
Site Admin

Re: Mini Table Saw Pro

Post by VinceC »

Ian, that is correct, The Blade reads

110 x 1.5 x 1.0 x 20 x 40T

This is the result from eBay, lots to choose from

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... x+20+x+40T
terry white

Post by terry white »

Hi Vince, for those intending to buy the mini table saw. can you give it a good test, then knowing what the majority of modelers are going to require from it give a good honest review of it. Cheers Terry.
Mark Wilcockson

Post by Mark Wilcockson »

Peter Balcombe wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 11:07 Had a parcel today which I think may be supposed to be the table saw, although it arrived by Royal Mail Tracked 48, so a bit strange as I haven’t ordered anything like what arrived from anyone!
I have received this & queried it with the supplier so far.
Peter. I may be wrong but how did you pay PayPal? I have seen other examples of sales where much cheaper items have been sent tracked typically worthless rings and this makes it harder to claim a refund via PayPal as the seller has proof of delivery
Ian Davis

Post by Ian Davis »

Vince

I'm amazed that the exchange rate is now 0.33US dollars to the Pound sterling. You started out the story at $29.95 and ended up at £90. Is it that if you only pay $29.95 you end up with an electric drill like Peter.
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Ian, looking back at the first post and following the link, that $29.95 still exists. Does seem a bit odd.
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

After much email ping-pong over the past week, I’ve finally got the supplier from the original post to agree to refund the full cost of the item, so have only lost the $6.88 shipping cost.
However, I do seem to have gained a USB powered mini drill in the process as I couldn’t get the supplier to admit that he had sent it (despatched from UK via Royal Mail 48 service some 6 weeks or more after my Table Saw order) and I certainly didn’t order one!

The moral appears to be not to order from the supplier in the original post.
Peter
jack

Post by jack »

hi peter,l ordered a table saw as well after seeing your post,guess what??,l got the same object as you!!!!
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Hi Jack,
They are obviously doing this intentionally then.
Keep pushing for a full refund as they will initially offer 40% or so, but will increase as you keep refusing/ask pertinent questions.
Did you keep packaging as this may well show a UK return address? (Mine arrived via Royal Mail 48).
If it does then you should be able to push for a 100% refund by saying that you will return your incorrect item to the U.K. supplier as if the part was dispatched within the U.K., You can more than likely quote U.K. sale of goods act if the item was supplied from a U.K. supplier.
jack

Post by jack »

hi peter,yes l kept the packaging,l have also lodged a case with paypal,as you say, a full refund is all l will accept,this highlights the problems that can occur dealing direct,if these people dig their heels in there wont be much we can do,short of a declaration of war against china :lol: :lol: :lol:
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

I don't feel so bad spending all that money on a Proxxon now :)