Page 1 of 1

Mini Table Saw Pro

Posted: 12 Jul 2020, 13:12
by VinceC
I came across this very interesting table saw today and at $29.95 looks a bargain, unless there is a catch.

https://www.gungoleo.shop/products/mini-table-saw-pro

Re: Mini Table Saw Pro

Posted: 12 Jul 2020, 20:42
by StephenB
It appears to be solid and of good quality build/materials, certainly a bargain compared to what I paid for my Proxxon.

Posted: 13 Jul 2020, 10:26
by Philkiteflyer
I did a wee search for this saw . . attached is what I found.
NB: NZ$1 = £0.52.
That makes it £150.09 ! ! ! :o :o

Maybe you can buy two and send me one . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Phillip C

Posted: 13 Jul 2020, 12:50
by Peter Balcombe
Well, I’ve decided to have a punt & see what turns up as a small stripwood saw would be useful.
Postage added at $6.88, so overall cost was £30.45. Got an email this morning to say it’s been posted, but that may be an auto response!
From the advert it certainly looks sturdy & the complete deal.
I’ll save a copy of the web page with full description, just in case!

It also appeared to be available via Amazon when I first looked at other sellers, but that listing went unavailable the next day.
I’ve also seen a post warning to be careful as there is a similar advert which is actually for a rotary drill attachment only.

Posted: 14 Jul 2020, 08:45
by VinceC
Hope it goes well and look forward to your review

Posted: 14 Jul 2020, 17:30
by Martin Gough

I'd say a good buy.

Posted: 26 Aug 2020, 11:07
by Peter Balcombe
Had a parcel today which I think may be supposed to be the table saw, although it arrived by Royal Mail Tracked 48, so a bit strange as I haven’t ordered anything like what arrived from anyone!
I have received this & queried it with the supplier so far.

Posted: 26 Aug 2020, 11:23
by mjcp
Perhaps that's the motor/cutter that needs to be mounted in the table arriving by sep. package :lol:

Posted: 26 Aug 2020, 12:35
by Trevor
I’d guess that the part number or stock number bears a close resemblance to that of the saw table. I ordered a couple of LEDs from Maplins a few years back and received two reels of multi core solder instead. Just a single digit error in the part number!

Posted: 26 Aug 2020, 16:02
by VinceC
I don't want to upset you Pete, but this is what I received when ordered through eBay. It came straight from China

Posted: 26 Aug 2020, 18:38
by Peter Balcombe
Yes Vince, that is what I expected.
I am not convinced that the parcel was from the Table Saw supplier in China, particularly as it obviously came via Royal Mail. However, I cannot think how the drill came to be sent. The parcel markings give nothing away & there was no paperwork inside the parcel.
I’ll wait & see what happens!

Posted: 26 Aug 2020, 19:08
by MDev
Surely this is showing up a common problem we all have? My bandsaw copes easily with balsa but not with anything else, I’m on my third one. I have to use my chop saw to get the wood down to smaller sizes and then a small table saw that the fence keeps moving on, it now has a 80 teeth blade and is powerful enough but can’t cope with pressure from the side, the fence just moves.

The Proxxon saws are aimed towards light balsa use and the gap up to tools that get a lot of use is huge. I’ve been working with oak and 10mm ply lately, a good way to kill many power tools and as for a sheet of brass.... Yes, I’ve already been round Axminster tools and caught myself drooling at the thought of a fully equipped workshop but my numbers haven’t given any satisfaction on the Eurolotto.😀

Posted: 26 Aug 2020, 21:33
by Max Wright
A bit late for me. I just ordered and received a Proxxon. :x

Posted: 26 Aug 2020, 22:17
by chris williams
My recently purchased Proxxon died and was sent off for repair yesterday...just goes to show, you don't always get what you pay for :(

Posted: 27 Aug 2020, 07:00
by Max Wright
chris williams wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 22:17 My recently purchased Proxxon died and was sent off for repair yesterday...just goes to show, you don't always get what you pay for :(
Aaghh! Don't say that Chris. :shock:

Posted: 27 Aug 2020, 07:13
by Ian Davis
I've abused my Proxxon saw for many years and it's still going strong. They're fine as long as you're patient when feeding material. The only drawback with them is that the blades don't last for ever.

Makes me wonder where mini table saw pro purchasers will get replacement blades :o

Posted: 27 Aug 2020, 08:47
by Keith
Hi i agree with Ian i also have had mine for years and had no trouble, ive cut upto 1/2 " ply and hard wood.

Keith

Posted: 27 Aug 2020, 09:28
by VinceC
I have both the Proxon and the Mini Table saw. There are new blades available on eBay, but bear in mind that the Proxon blades are much smaller in size and by definition the tooth ware must be far higher and they don't cut metal.

The Mini Table saw has a speed controller and comes with a load of extra tools and a neat chuck on the side for deburring your cuts with a small orbital sander or anything other use you come up with. The whole lot is only around £90, a drop in the ocean compared to what we are spending on our models/tech.

I don't say Buy One, just giving you options

ps It doesn't make your coffee when in the workshop

Watch the YouTube video here:

Posted: 27 Aug 2020, 10:17
by Ian Davis
Hi Vince

Thanks for posting that. I presume from the spec. that the blade is 110mm diameter with a 20mm bore. Is that correct?

If so, as you said there are plenty of spare blades available.

Think I need one! ;)

Posted: 27 Aug 2020, 10:33
by Martin Gough
I have the proxxon saw which like people say is good on balsa but struggles with ply
with any thickness. Mine died recently so did a search on you tube and came up with
a repair which is to replace the choke part of the electrics. Bought a couple off eBay
and fitted one and all good, cost a few quid.

Posted: 27 Aug 2020, 13:38
by VinceC
Ian, that is correct, The Blade reads

110 x 1.5 x 1.0 x 20 x 40T

This is the result from eBay, lots to choose from

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... x+20+x+40T

Posted: 27 Aug 2020, 14:45
by terry white
Hi Vince, for those intending to buy the mini table saw. can you give it a good test, then knowing what the majority of modelers are going to require from it give a good honest review of it. Cheers Terry.

Posted: 28 Aug 2020, 10:25
by Mark Wilcockson
Peter Balcombe wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 11:07 Had a parcel today which I think may be supposed to be the table saw, although it arrived by Royal Mail Tracked 48, so a bit strange as I haven’t ordered anything like what arrived from anyone!
I have received this & queried it with the supplier so far.
Peter. I may be wrong but how did you pay PayPal? I have seen other examples of sales where much cheaper items have been sent tracked typically worthless rings and this makes it harder to claim a refund via PayPal as the seller has proof of delivery

Posted: 28 Aug 2020, 15:43
by Ian Davis
Vince

I'm amazed that the exchange rate is now 0.33US dollars to the Pound sterling. You started out the story at $29.95 and ended up at £90. Is it that if you only pay $29.95 you end up with an electric drill like Peter.

Posted: 28 Aug 2020, 16:26
by VinceC
Ian, looking back at the first post and following the link, that $29.95 still exists. Does seem a bit odd.

Posted: 01 Sep 2020, 11:32
by Peter Balcombe
After much email ping-pong over the past week, I’ve finally got the supplier from the original post to agree to refund the full cost of the item, so have only lost the $6.88 shipping cost.
However, I do seem to have gained a USB powered mini drill in the process as I couldn’t get the supplier to admit that he had sent it (despatched from UK via Royal Mail 48 service some 6 weeks or more after my Table Saw order) and I certainly didn’t order one!

The moral appears to be not to order from the supplier in the original post.
Peter

Posted: 22 Sep 2020, 15:09
by jack
hi peter,l ordered a table saw as well after seeing your post,guess what??,l got the same object as you!!!!

Posted: 22 Sep 2020, 15:52
by Peter Balcombe
Hi Jack,
They are obviously doing this intentionally then.
Keep pushing for a full refund as they will initially offer 40% or so, but will increase as you keep refusing/ask pertinent questions.
Did you keep packaging as this may well show a UK return address? (Mine arrived via Royal Mail 48).
If it does then you should be able to push for a 100% refund by saying that you will return your incorrect item to the U.K. supplier as if the part was dispatched within the U.K., You can more than likely quote U.K. sale of goods act if the item was supplied from a U.K. supplier.

Posted: 22 Sep 2020, 17:12
by jack
hi peter,yes l kept the packaging,l have also lodged a case with paypal,as you say, a full refund is all l will accept,this highlights the problems that can occur dealing direct,if these people dig their heels in there wont be much we can do,short of a declaration of war against china :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: 06 Oct 2020, 08:56
by StephenB
I don't feel so bad spending all that money on a Proxxon now :)