Page 1 of 1

Broburn Wanderlust Glider

Posted: 02 Oct 2020, 10:10
by chris williams
Dave Scott, a volunteer at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation at Woodley, where this glider is stored, has asked the question: ’Has anyone built or considered building a model of the Broburn Wanderlust Glider?’ It would seem that Mr Simons has produced a drawing, so who’s going to give it a go…?

Re: Broburn Wanderlust Glider

Posted: 02 Oct 2020, 10:30
by simon_t
Looks like it has the potential for ‘Habicht’ like gliding performance, but nice looking and fairly straightforward subject to build. Maybe more suited for the slope (so ideal for you Chris).

Simon

Posted: 02 Oct 2020, 11:37
by VinceC
A few extra files for anyone interested on taking up Chris's challenge

Posted: 02 Oct 2020, 12:48
by chris williams
(so ideal for you Chris). Unlike Boeing, my order book is full... :D

Posted: 02 Oct 2020, 14:45
by Cliff Evans
chris williams wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 10:10 Dave Scott, a volunteer at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation at Woodley, where this glider is stored, has asked the question: ’Has anyone built or considered building a model of the Broburn Wanderlust Glider?’ It would seem that Mr Simons has produced a drawing, so who’s going to give it a go…?
Looks like you have the job Chris!

Posted: 02 Oct 2020, 15:49
by Barry_Cole
chris williams wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 12:48 (so ideal for you Chris). Unlike Boeing, my order book is full... :D
You know you want to....😈😈😈😈.

BC

Posted: 03 Oct 2020, 09:27
by john greenfield
Chris, et all

I have this model on my build list and have been collecting info for some time now. Just waiting for a gap in my building program to make a start. Given the dimensions of the full size, I think 1/2 scale would suit this model fine without it being too big or cumbersome for everyday flying. The only thing putting me off is the canopy plug !!!!!

AEB

Posted: 22 Dec 2020, 01:10
by Philkiteflyer
chris williams wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 12:48 (so ideal for you Chris). Unlike Boeing, my order book is full... :D
. . . BUT, it doesn't have "Gull Wings". ;)

That snow is really offputting . . since Southern Hemisphere Xmas is in SUMMER !
Currently 20deg C, fine and sunny.

Cheers all,
Phillip C