• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Flight testing of my 6 mtr K8 wings

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Euan Galloway

Flight testing of my 6 mtr K8 wings

Post by Euan Galloway »

just a short video of my K8 flying in 25/30 mph winds and getting a good workout including loops and some fast passes.
I also rolled the K8 and bunted it without my modified wings complaining , I have modified four sets of wings so far and non have failed ?
cheers Euan.
Jolly Roger

Re: Flight testing of my 6 mtr K8 wings

Post by Jolly Roger »

K8 looks to be going well there Euan. What is the finished weight now?

Were you flying it near Kirby Thore off the A66? Lovely-looking site.

Rog
Euan Galloway

Post by Euan Galloway »

Rog ,
Hows things ? not weighed it but my mods added approx 2lbs per wing .
This is a site known as Tailbridge and takes a west / south west wind with parking at the launch area it is near
Kirkby Stephens .
our flat field site is off the A66 near Kirkby Thore ,
cheers Euan.
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Looking good, I hope you managed to miss all those hard bits sticking out of the grass on landing :D
Euan Galloway

Post by Euan Galloway »

FrankS wrote:Looking good, I hope you managed to miss all those hard bits sticking out of the grass on landing :D
Frank the launch area is a bit on the rocky side but landings are in a clear area and usually happen without incident ? :oops:
cheers Euan.
Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger »

Life's good thanks Euan - term finished yesterday! Done zero building/flying this year until the last few weeks when I've sloped some 4m - 5m gliders off the cliff above our house. Man I have missed modelling! Last weekend had epic thermals off the field next to our house - just point the glider at the dirtiest cloud and hear the vario scream! I flew my Alpina for 80 mins off one 20 second motor run.

Your sites look lovely and I'm hoping to get a couple of days flying in the Lakes this summer so will bear it in mind - it's on my way.

All the best,
Rog
Euan Galloway

Post by Euan Galloway »

Keith,
Yes its the 6 mtr version with the known issues, if you search this site I have posted lots of details and some pictures that may help .
I have now modified 8 sets of wings for other people with the same model so if I can help send me a pm ,
thanks Euan.