Page 1 of 1

Hello from Somerset

Posted: 02 Dec 2020, 19:24
by Dave Garrett
Hi everybody, I am a newcomer from Yeovil in Somerset. I am now semi-retired after 42 years in the aerospace industry. I am currently a member of the Westland & Yeovil District Aeromodelles Club & the Eagles Flying Association. My main interest in RC flying is powered sports & acrobatic models. I do however, have a couple of electric gliders in my fleet. I enjoy building just as much as I do flying, most of my models have been built from kits or plan packs. I have always appreciated the appearance of gull wing gliders, originating from a failed attempt to build a Keil Kraft Minimoa in my teens. A large RC glider has always been on the cards, so now with a bit more spare time, its time to jump in. Earlier this year I acquired a Mosway 3 short kit from a bloke up the road in Bristol. Subsequently, I have been collecting the additional materials & components to complete the build. I am now ready to start. I will try to post some pictures of the build as I progress, I am sure I will need some help & encouragement on the way.

Outside of RC modelling, I enjoy foreign travel & trips to the pub for meals with family & friends. I will have to admit to drinking the odd pint or to of Butcombe bitter in the past. I also like watching Stupid game we do not allow here & cricket. I am a big fan of European symphonic metal & progressive rock music.

Best Regards
Dave

Re: Hello from Somerset

Posted: 03 Dec 2020, 01:03
by Cliff Evans
Hi Dave, Welcome to the forum. You purchased that kit in May, thought you would have finished it by now! Love your choice in music as well!