Page 1 of 1

Graupner Spoiler spare parts

Posted: 09 Feb 2021, 21:55
by Peter Balcombe
Does anyone know if it is possible to get hold of spare parts for a Graupner 250mm tech-double-spoiler, else perhaps someone has a damaged left hand unit that could donate parts?

I am missing the inboard pivot arm & associated metal actuation link lever/pin on a LH unit.
The spoiler unit is otherwise complete & as new.

Re: Graupner Spoiler spare parts

Posted: 10 Feb 2021, 00:28
by terry white
Hi Peter, I believe I can help you here. However my spare parts for spoiler is resting in my roof space and I am down with sciatica in my right leg at this moment,(something to do with age I think), So I can barely walk let alone climb the ladder into the roof space. I will watch your thread here and see if anyone else can help you more quickly than I, but if not in due coarse I am almost certain I can help. Regards Terry

Posted: 10 Feb 2021, 08:54
by Peter Balcombe
Many thanks for the offer Terry.
We will see if anything else turns up.

Posted: 10 Feb 2021, 09:13
by mjcp
This feels like a perfect job for someone with a 3d printer... the original arms are a similar plastic, so ought to be printable once someone "CADs it up".

I don't have the link rod on mine, but the holes where it goes looks like straight forward rod.

Where parts get more tricky is the pins to hold it all together and the tray / spoilers blades themselves.

Posted: 10 Feb 2021, 09:33
by mjcp
These are the parts that ought to be printable.

IMG_1018.jpeg
IMG_1021.jpeg

Posted: 10 Feb 2021, 09:33
by Peter Balcombe
Marc,
This is the pivot arm we are talking about (the pivots are handed for right & left hand units, but the non driven one looks to be the same as the driven one - at least on the complete RH side example I have) :

It is a small moulded plastic part about 30mm long & could possibly be 3D printed, but only I suspect with a very fine resolution printer. There are several very small fine detail features such as the middle vane slotted spring clip & 1mm wide curved recess for the locking pin track which may be difficult to replicate otherwise.

Posted: 10 Feb 2021, 09:42
by mjcp
ah, your ones look a little more modern than mine!

Posted: 12 Feb 2021, 12:36
by roo Hawkins
Hi Peter It have had a look but only have the non pivot ones. I have started to make my own airbakes now found that using nylon 6 plastic is perfect. I got it off eBay and you can buy it in a block . you can saw and shape it easy. a man of your talent should easily make one.

Posted: 12 Feb 2021, 14:05
by Peter Balcombe
Thanks Roo, but I think trying to make one would be a last resort.
I am not sure I could measure the one arm that I have well enough to make an accurate drawing, let alone trying to then bash one from solid due to the very fine features required to allow it to clip onto the pivot pins, replicate the closed locking mechanism, etc.
I think the best option might be to make a soft mould & then cast an epoxy piece - if I was inclined to try!

Posted: 12 Feb 2021, 14:34
by Richard Onslow
Peter, you could try these guys - it looks like they could source such Graupner spares...
https://www.schambeck-luftsporttechnik.de
Cheers, Richard

Posted: 13 Apr 2021, 11:57
by terry white
Hi Peter, I have now braved the mice and the spiders in my loft and retrieved the box of brake spares. If you are still looking for that piece you requested P.M. your address and I will send it along.