• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Future of the forum

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Elliot Howells

Re: Future of the forum

Post by Elliot Howells »

I can't even view the classifieds, so can I assume we're now on a subs basis? That's fine by me, just can't see a link to the paypal or whatever?

Cheers, Ell.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Elliot Howells wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 17:26 I can't even view the classifieds, so can I assume we're now on a subs basis? That's fine by me, just can't see a link to the paypal or whatever?

Cheers, Ell.
No reason that you should not be able to see the classifieds, just click the donations link at the top of the main page.

BC
Andrew Ray

Post by Andrew Ray »

I am only an occasional visitor and have missed the banner reminder to donate, I need an email. I do find the resources, help and advice that SSUK offers invaluable. On that basis I would certainly subscribe and would prefer it to donating. I just find the donation idea too vague (how much to donate?). Paying a subscription then I would presumably get an email reminder? That'd be great 👍

I too cannot access the classifieds and now feel like I've done something wrong.

Andrew
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Must have been some sort of glitch but, have tested Andrew and Elliot's settings and all is well. Please try again. Nobody has done anything wrong!!
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
Philkiteflyer

Post by Philkiteflyer »

Cliff Evans wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 13:36 Donations are down quite considerably fo last year. To the point that it cost me. I am now of the opinion that the only way to pay for the upkeep is to make this a subscription-based forum. Not really what I wish to do but, it may be necessary.

I have opened this thread for further discussion. Please feel free to comment.
As mentioned, (email) I am not a fan of subscription - but happy to send a donation. DONE !
Yes I agreee - banner a message when funds get low.

Best wishes
Phillip Cook
New Zealand
"Keep it simple stupid"