• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Sport class

Spread the know how on GPS navigational flying.
john greenfield

Sport class

Post by john greenfield »

The new GPS sport class is now formally up and running and results can now be logged on the website at

www.skynavigator.net.

Enjoy

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
Geoff Pearce

Re: Sport class

Post by Geoff Pearce »

John, what constitutes a sports class?

Geoff
john greenfield

Re: Sport class

Post by john greenfield »

Geoff

Any self launch glider with a wingspan of less than 5m and a weight of less than 7kg. They are to be flown on a 350m course with a max entry height of 400m.
This class opens up GPS flying to a huge range of sport electric gliders and it is hoped will allow more people to have a go without the expense of the big 1/3rd scale or Open class models. So far experience has shown that any 4m+ glider like the Alpina, Thermik or Solution / Prolution are competitive but there are many other similar models that could be used.

If anyone want s a go I always have my GPS kit with me and am happy to loan it to anyone to have a go at any of the events GS run through the year. I am really keen to promote this new class so will provide all assistance to anyone who wants to have a go.

also happy to assist anyone with loan of kit for anyone with a pure glider who want to see what this type of flying is all about.

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)