Page 1 of 1

Hi All!

Posted: 05 Sep 2021, 18:27
by PaulU
H there everyone! I've spotted a few familiar names in the forum I know already, either personally or though family.

I guess its fair to say I'm a lifetime aviation enthusiast. First flew in a DH.86 at 2 years old, spent my childhood on airfields, and soloed in a K-13 at Bicester at 16. After that I discovered women, and never had the time or money (at least at the same time) to stay in the air , now that I do I find the vintage gliders I grew up with are too small for the modern pilot! I've played my part in quite a few restorations over the years (currently a T6). My grandfather sold the project I had hoped to work on, so I guess I find myself returning to the scale world. I've always enjoyed the building side of things (although my past is filled with half finished projects) and I've got a few things on the drawing board at the moment. Not sure they will end up airborne, but if they do I will have to learn to crash them properly! In the meantime I'll take a stroll up the beacon to see how the locals do it!

Re: Hi All!

Posted: 06 Sep 2021, 07:41
by Cliff Evans
Hi, welcome to the forium. Interesting that you may know a few names here but, I doubt many will know you with the username you have chosen! However, time to get those projects completed and in the air. Once again, welcome.