Page 1 of 1

glider console

Posted: 18 Oct 2021, 21:51
by Elliot Howells
Hiya, as my Pilatus B4 decided to open it's canopy and eject the binacle/console at Sherlowe, can anyone tell me where to find something to replace it - I'm sure there are people that make them, either as kits or finished items - it's the KV B4, 1:3,3 scale I think.

Unless anyone found mine by any chance...

Cheers, Ell.

Re: glider console

Posted: 19 Oct 2021, 22:15
by Jolly Roger
Sorry for your loss Ell. That's me trying to console you. ;) Sorry, you've probably heard that one B4.... ;) ;)

Are these any good? https://www.iflytailies.com/store/instr ... ailplanes/

Rog

Posted: 20 Oct 2021, 17:03
by Elliot Howells
Rog, thanks for that, you big silly!

I've found these so far: https://www.topmodel.fr/en/product-deta ... rcrafts-13

Propagteam seems to be the source, there's also a guy on Facebook called Brian Hoddy I think, but this might be a little OTT...

Interestingly, a side opening canopy is an incredibly effective airbrake...

Ell x

Posted: 20 Oct 2021, 21:18
by catwok
There is a chap in Bristol that does some very good 3D printed instrument panels! I think his name is Cliff Evans ;)

Posted: 21 Oct 2021, 07:37
by Cliff Evans
catwok wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 21:18 There is a chap in Bristol that does some very good 3D printed instrument panels! I think his name is Cliff Evans ;)
I do sometimes wonder why!

Posted: 21 Oct 2021, 10:02
by Elliot Howells
ooh, okay, so what have you got for sale Cliff? I don't need an exact rendition, just somethingnear and the rightish scale...

Ell.

Posted: 21 Oct 2021, 13:34
by Cliff Evans
I did this one for a 1/3 scale B4 £35 including postage. Can have one done and ready in a couple of days.
DSCF0044.JPG

Posted: 21 Oct 2021, 21:34
by Elliot Howells
ooh, yes please! My glider is 1:3.3, not sure if that will fit as is, I'll check in the morning and get back to you. Do you have a dimension from side to side?

Thanks again, Ell. :)

Posted: 21 Oct 2021, 23:26
by Cliff Evans
165mm. I can scale to suit. Just had some orders in so may be a little longer than two days. Will not be long though. Just let me know the width required.

Posted: 31 Oct 2021, 07:37
by Cliff Evans
Thanks for the pic Elliot.
IMG_4952.jpg