• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Milson Airstrip Aerotow Events 2022

Ray Watts

Re: Milson Airstrip Aerotow Events 2022

Post by Ray Watts »

Thanks to all who turned up over the 3 days (5 for campers). Chris Jones had once again done an amazing job preparing the site, and the runway was the widest it has ever been. When we decided to have the pilots box further down the runway, he even mowed another queue lane for the gliders for us, resulting in a tug pit lane and a glider queue lane which worked out perfect.

Apologies for the general lack of towing on the Friday due my Titan going US and it being a bit too windy for me to chance my Decathlon. The Saturday was an excellent day with around 35 attendees and flying all day. Sunday had around a dozen participants and was generally a relaxed affair. There were a couple of mishaps, but nothing serious, and yes, the glider has been retrieved from the tree now :D

A special thanks to Simon Thornton and Phil Huddleston for all the assistance over the whole weekend.

The contributions for this event get added to that of the June event and this year the total for the 2 events was just over £1000 so thank to you everyone for that. A £250 top up from the company that I work for Matched Funding up to £250 gets added to this, and ALL the proceeds from the 2 events go to the County Air Ambulance Trust, so this year they will receive just over £1250 from us

Hopefully we'll do it all again next year and I'll post the dates soon

Thank you again

Ray and Mandy
It's always calmer indoors :D
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Well done to all for raising that good amount for the Air Ambulance.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
simon_t

Post by simon_t »

Great job Ray - a thoroughly enjoyable long weekend. And really gratifying that the donations to the Air Ambulance raised so much. I’m looking forward to next year already.

Simon
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

Superb!

Well done Ray and co, another great weekend with friends in the sun. Roll on 2023!

Ell.