• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

New Site available Berkshire

Paulba

New Site available Berkshire

Post by Paulba »

Afternoon all

I have managed to acquire the use of a new site for a weekend of towing…. This is a perfect feild that full size can use, and is located near Newbury in Berkshire.

The farmer has granted permission if we have a collect and donate the money to his chosen charity…

There are toilets on site, and there maybe an option to camp in the future.

He’s happy for it to be used this year, if i can get it off the ground, if not it will be spring next year.

Ideally i need to know if there is any appetite for pilots to come to the venue, and are there any tug pilots willing to support the event!?

Cheers

Paul B
Pat Marsden

Re: New Site available Berkshire

Post by Pat Marsden »

Happy to support the event with a tug. Would prefer to camp/caravan if it becomes viable but also happy to do a one off day trip initially
Pat
Roger-Spragg

Post by Roger-Spragg »

I would have thought a new site near Newbury would be very popular having lost Middle Wallop and Shrivenham in the last few years both of which were very well supported.
Members and friends of the Newent Club usually contributed up to 7 or more to these events.
Love to see it run!
Roger
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Great. Look forward to supporting you. As Pat has said, camping would be a bonus.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
simon_t

Post by simon_t »

I would come from Kent - it would be my ‘local’ event! Siege Cross was always popular, so I’m sure you will get good support. I Tug and glide (but not at the same time!)

Simon
Phill Tadman

Post by Phill Tadman »

I would like to attend.

Phill
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Well within striking distance of here on the south coast. Good luck with the project.
Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts »

Hi Paul.
So long as its after Milson in 2 weeks time, I'd like to attend, hopefully with a tug 🙂 especially as it's very close to us.
Siege Cross usually had an average attendance of around 25 flyers, so once it gets known, you should expect a similar number if the site is good. More if camping is available.
Ray
It's always calmer indoors :D
Paulba

Post by Paulba »

Thanks all

Ok I’ll make some firm enqs and see if i can get anything off the ground… maybe Oct!?

I’ll be in touch with some of the tug pilots!👏🏻👍🏻

Thanks
john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

I would be interested in attending but as others have said it would be better if camping on site was possible..
I could bring tugs and gliders.
I am also happy to help out getting a NOTAM for the event, I am assuming it is outside controlled airspace?
AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)