• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Introduction

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Tim Morland

Introduction

Post by Tim Morland »

Hello everyone from Melbourne AU.
I have been keen on modelling all my life. The emphasis for many years has been scale sailplanes. Since about 1985(?), aero-towing has been increasingly used to launch our scale gliders here in Melbourne. In fact, I have not seen a winch launch of a scale glider for probably 35 years or more. I am the proud half owner of 2 tugs, the older being a World Models Paulistinha (1:3.5) currently powered by a Zenoah G-62. We (my flying buddy and I) recently finished a SDD Greenley powered by a Zenoah 80cc twin. It has launched my 17kg 1/3 scale Minimoa without a concern. Heh heh. I consider that the reliability of the Zenoah motors cannot be beaten, due to their piston port induction.

Over the years I have also been keen on photography and video: a great way to infect others with the aeromodelling disease. As a consequence, a few years ago, I embarked on the task of compiling a Youtube channel (RCModelling AU). I think there's about 400 clips at the moment. A lot of work.

Of interest may be a European connection. There are many clips I have uploaded from the extraordinary German modeller, Arnold Hoffman (dec). A member of our club in Melbourne was good friends or Arnold. They frequently exchanged video tapes of their latest modelling adventures in their respective countries. The result of this is that John Gottschalk (dec), here in Melbourne, compiled an impressive collection of footage about the upper echelons of modelling in Germany back in the 1990s. John kindly donated all his tapes, so that I could digitise and broadcast them to the world. Exploring my Youtube channel will find many memorable scenes flying large scale RC gliders in Germany, from back in the days where something like 2.4Ghz would have been regarded as strictly science fiction.

Exploring what is to be seen, is up to you. Oh, I forgot, you already have the aeromodelling disease.
Cliff Evans

Re: Introduction

Post by Cliff Evans »

Welcome to the forum, Tim. I have looked at your vids on your channel. Very interesting.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk