• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Firs Farm Aerotow 2023 (Berkshire)

john greenfield

Re: Firs Farm Aerotow 2023 (Berkshire)

Post by john greenfield »

Any more news on this event? Now that LMA Cosford has been cancelled I would like to attend.

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
john greenfield

Can anyone give any update / news on this proposed event or am I to assume the lack of comment means the event is not going to happen ??????

AEB
Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts »

I think the lack of comment is because Paul is away this week and not looking at the forum. Be patient.
It's always calmer indoors :D
Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden »

I'd also suggest that Paul has been rather busy with work what with the Coronation going on. Im sure he will update us as and when he has something to tell.
Paulba

Post by Paulba »

The event is still due to take place on the first dates weather permitting.

Further info will be sent in early June, though please post any burning questions.

The BMFA site permit has been submitted. As will a Notam when the site permit is granted.
john greenfield

Thanks for the update.
As you have only applied for a BMFA site permit, I assume you will not be allowing any models over 25kg? For models over 25kg an LMA site permit is also required.

AEB
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

I am sure he is aware of that John.

:D :D :D :D

BC
Paulba

Post by Paulba »

Hi John

Not many people crazy enough to fly over 25kgs!?😆 do you still have that big Duo, just you, Phil the Hud and Andy S that i know off thats crazy!?☺️

I haven’t applied for the large stuff this time round. Maybe next year if the event is suitable and successful this year.

Cheers

PB
john greenfield

Thanks Paul.
I have several gliders and tugs over 25kg but I will bring smaller models.

AEB
Paulba

Post by Paulba »

Some plans for the weekends tow event on 1st and 2nd of July.

This event is still scheduled to take place, if the weather is looking poor it will be cancelled closer to the time on this forum.

You will be able to ‘camp’ in the feild on the Saturday night only, please be mindful this is not a campsite so you will need to be self sufficient in terms of amenities.

Gates will open for 0800.

Briefing will be 0930 with flying starting at 0945.

The airfield has been closed for us both days and all gliders to be on the ground for 1845hrs so GA can return from 1900hrs

Please ensure you are a full bmfa member, after the safety breifing we require a signature to confirm you have bmfa membership and insurance.

Pilots we are asking for £10 each day, spectators we will ask for a donation. This will be for the farmers chosen charity the Air Ambulance.

Note on the Saturday the farmer is holding a small classic car event on the site, this will not impact our fun, but will give you a chance to see some nice cars and purchase bacon sarnies and coffee if you wish.

We may have a number of the car enthusiasts come and look at the planes! I will try and manage this so they don’t get under our feet… let me know on the day if there any issues!

Hopefully we will have a great weekend that can be conducted a few times per yer, this is the first time at this site, so please be respectful of this.

What 3 words location for the entry is
///clinked.chitchat.shoving

Address

The Firs Farm
Leckhampstead
Newbury
RG20 8RD
England

Look forward to seeing you all there, any questions DM me.

Cheers

Paul
Last edited by Paulba on 17 Jun 2023, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.