• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Firs Farm Aerotow 2023 (Berkshire)

George Gosbee

Re: Firs Farm Aerotow 2023 (Berkshire)

Post by George Gosbee »

Looking good for the weekend, weather and the trip down. I'm bringing a box of new modeling odds and sods for sale if thats allowed? Its have a delve and make an offer. Its just stuff I will never use at my age now.

GG
Paulba

Post by Paulba »

Yes absolutely fine if you want to sell models or associated parts….. 👍🏻
Paulba

Post by Paulba »

Afternoon

Site visit conducted this afternoon.

Grass will be trimmed this evening.

Please see the map, route to the North East end of the runway, marked in red, this will be via a solid mud track (suitable for motorhomes) park in the yellow marked area for setting up your models and overnight stay.

The classic car event starts at 1000 and finishes round 1400, they will be near the barns on the taxi way, away from our activity.

If you can bring exact money for the day, that would help!

I have nobody helping me to arrange this so bare with but it should all be smooth!🫣

We will use the same runway for take off and landing, so please be bare this in mind.

Look forward to seeing all those attending tomorrow!👍🏻
Attachments
35B2FB9B-B78E-4883-AFA6-8F868A77BAA4.jpeg
0E71C7CB-C23C-4C57-B179-C90704B2AF32.jpeg
simon_t

Post by simon_t »

Paul,
There will be quite a few folks coming who have run events or helped run the glider queue/flightline, so there will be lots of help for you. Ray Watts will have small cones/markers which can be used for pilot’s box/glider queue etc. One slight concern I have is that the wind will be fairly strong and pretty well crossed with the main runway, so we may need to think carefully about the layout to ensure safety and avoid tugs overflying vehicles & buildings during tows, and gliders overshooting on landing

Simon
Paulba

Post by Paulba »

Thanks

Got a plan for that..

Thanks Simon👍🏻
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Despite being a tad breezy on Saturday, we had a good day, cracking site, hope we can return.

Thanks to Paul for securing and organising and John and Ray for towing in less than ideal conditions.
simon_t

Post by simon_t »

I had a great weekend, in spite of the blustery wind. Paul had done a great preparation job, and there are probably very few changes needed for the (hopefully) next time. All pilots who flew did well in the conditions, and there were some strong thermals both days, provided you were willing to go downwind (and had a model that could penetrate back). Today was a little more blustery than yesterday, and flying finished mid-afternoon. Phil Huddleston and myself flew together during the last flight, enjoying some enormous lift before returning up the wind, and we were lucky to repeat that a few times, both have very decent long flights. Ray and John did all the tugging, and did a great job in what was clearly tricky flying conditions on final approach. Big thanks to all those that came and flew/contributed, and to Paul for getting this off the ground (was good to see that you had an excellent flight today Paul).

Looking forward to the next one.
Attachments
IMG_8998.jpeg
IMG_9007.jpeg
IMG_9009.jpeg
IMG_9011.jpeg
simon_t

Post by simon_t »

A few more photos
Attachments
IMG_9019.jpeg
IMG_9017.jpeg
IMG_9014.jpeg
IMG_9013.jpeg
Chris Veitch

Post by Chris Veitch »

Thanks all for a great few days

Regards
Chris
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Thanks Paul for arranging the weekend, pity it was a blustery cross wind on both days but Mel and I got some really good flights in. The site has real potential, hope you can make this a regular event, all the best Mel and Antonia