• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Spoilers

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Elliot Howells

Spoilers

Post by Elliot Howells »

Just in the process of finishing a model ready for maiden, and the airbrakes just would not co-operate - locking just before close and sticking, brand new aluminium brakes for a big model.

So, I had to remove the mechanism and do some gentle surgery, all works very well now, just thought I'd share my findings.

No idea what brand these are, they look very much like graupner, but as they were factory installed I couldn't say.
Attachments
right hand slider has been filed where lock down pin locates.
right hand slider has been filed where lock down pin locates.
Barry_Cole

Re: Spoilers

Post by Barry_Cole »

I have come across that problem before, some years back.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BC
Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger »

Barry_Cole wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 12:29 I have come across that problem before, some years back.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BC
Hey Ell,
Yes I think this is a known problem with this design, and a fix is to do exactly what you've done - well it worked for me. Also it was Barry that suggested it to me :D
With careful adjustment they should work perfectly, but if not the locking mechanism will have some play and they may suck open a few millimetres at speed (or when inverted).
Hope you're all well,
Rog
Attachments
Capture.PNG
sp250

Post by sp250 »

I've got exactly the same spoilers factory fitted in an S2G models Ka6e, so thanks for the heads up I'll check them out before the maiden.

John M