• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Who's building what for 2024??

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
chris williams

Re: Who's building what for 2024??

Post by chris williams »

The construction of the T31 proceedeth...
Attachments
P1090053.JPG
P1090055.JPG
COLSON

Post by COLSON »

That’s looking very nice Chris, I have your BIG T 31 plans stashed away in a box somewhere here , I always thought buildeing her as a motor glider would be good and with a twin cylinder petrol upfront it would save me heaving it off the hills and giving my self a hernia !!
A future plan available for this smaller one perhaps ? I have a nice small laser four stroke twin also hiding away (also in a box ! ) house restoration taking yrs longer than planned !
´´

Chris ,,,,,,in France
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

No plan this time, Chris, just a very basic working drawing... :(
COLSON

Post by COLSON »

That’s a shame , me thinks i may never get my big T31 out of the starting blocks and a smaller one would tick my slingsby craving, my near half scale (and half finished) Hutter 17 fuz has cobwebs all over it ! But it’s time I dusted off the building board and got back into some glider building as an4 solid yrs of French farm house restoration has meant I’ve lost my rc mojo

I’ve been off the scene in quite a while but she who must be obeyed has told me I need to take a break and get some building and flying done, I’ve just arrived (yesterday) in the uk as we are visiting family and today I picked up rcme and love the foka 4 plan, may have to get the next issue posted to me for the second part next month , I’m liking your smaller models a lot and it’s making me think that as I’ve yet to explore if I have any local slopes here in the limousine region I may go down the brushless assist route and build one of your smaller models and fly from my farm field .

Im thinking I may get down my Mike smart rhonbuzzard plan and original fg fuz (it’s very light) and build a nice small scale electric assist model .
But it won’t tick that slingsby itch Chris :x ,,,,,but I do also have your T21 plans in both scales ! Hmmm I don’t currently have a building board big enough for either of those :lol:
Keep up the good work Chris .
Jilles

Post by Jilles »

The plan was to build a scale 1:3 Fauvette, but this has gone to second place. I will now build a scale
1:3 Goppingen Goevier from my own design. This is a side by side trainer built in Germany in the 1940-50s
Fokker built a number of these for the Durch gliding clubs in the 1950's .These had a shorter fuselage than the original German prototype
I had my glider training in the Netherlands on this type.
My very first Vintage glider project was a scale 1:4 Goevier from a German supplied model drawing. This flew very well despite the simple Clark-Y wing section. My desing has the HQ35## profile.
Attaches is the 3 view drawing of the model showing the o/a dimensions and some details.
In the UK the drawings and shortkit is available fron Cliff Evans at cliff@lasercut sailplanes.co.uk
It has the shorter fuselage resulting in a better glide angel and less lead in the relative short nose to get things balanced
Attachments
GOEVIER-3VIEW.PDF
(975.06 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
img714.jpg
img716.jpg
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Jilles wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 02:12 The plan was to build a scale 1:3 Fauvette, but this has gone to second place. I will now build a scale
1:3 Goppingen Goevier from my own design. This is a side by side trainer built in Germany in the 1940-50s
Fokker built a number of these for the Durch gliding clubs in the 1950's .These had a shorter fuselage than the original German prototype
I had my glider training in the Netherlands on this type.
My very first Vintage glider project was a scale 1:4 Goevier from a German supplied model drawing. This flew very well despite the simple Clark-Y wing section. My desing has the HQ35## profile.
Attaches is the 3 view drawing of the model showing the o/a dimensions and some details.
In the UK the drawings and shortkit is available fron Cliff Evans at cliff@lasercut sailplanes.co.uk
It has the shorter fuselage resulting in a better glide angel and less lead in the relative short nose to get things balanced
Short Kit available here: https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk/produc ... vier-go-4/
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

The Tandem Tutor is now mission-capable...
Attachments
P1300856.JPG
P1300859.JPG
P1300861.JPG
P1300863.JPG
P1300848.JPG
P1300854.JPG
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Very nice Chris.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
FelipeGarcia

Post by FelipeGarcia »

Great job
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

The T21 was maidened at CMFC yesterday... She flies so nicely I'm now regretting not doing a plan!
Attachments
IMG_0855.JPG
P1300876.JPG
Image1.jpg
Image10.jpg