• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Can anyone identify this glider?

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Rich vale

Can anyone identify this glider?

Post by Rich vale »

Fin is wrong shape for it to be a Pilatis....
Attachments
Not a Pilatis
Not a Pilatis
Jolly Roger

Re: Can anyone identify this glider?

Post by Jolly Roger »

Glasflügel Club Libelle 205. 8-)
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

100% Roger, I had the misfortune to test fly the full size after repair, absolutely noway a early solo glider....
Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger »

That’s interesting to know Antonia. I think Chris W had a 1/3 scale version a while back and I don’t remember him being a huge fan of it either.
A full size landed out two fields from our house many years ago. I chatted to the pilot while he waited for his retrieve crew and he invited me to sit in the cockpit. It was laughably too small for me and we could only half shut the canopy. A bit like trying to stuff a 1/3 scale pilot into a 1/5 scale model!
Brian Sharp

Post by Brian Sharp »

Antonia is right, I didn't know anyone who had a good word to say about this glider way back in the day. A couple of decades ago I test flew a 1:4 scale model built by a relative novice from a continental kit (glass fuselage & foam wings). It was a total pig to fly and handled like a suet-pudding and had a nasty stall habit. I didn't break it, but he did a few weeks later.
Brian S.