• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Last flight of the Avro Victor

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
terry white

Last flight of the Avro Victor

Post by terry white »

Hi guys,I know this is a gliding forum, however what with the interest shown of the last flight of the Vulcan recently you may forgive me in pointing you to the vid of the last flight of her sister ship the Victor. enjoy. Terry

Paul_Williams

Re: Last flight of the Avro Victor

Post by Paul_Williams »

Hi Terry,
great to see a Victor in the air - always appealed more to me than the Vulcan (hears screams off stage !)
Some may not be aware that the crescent wing was directly inspired by research conducted by Arado - in fact at the end of the war the Arado Ar.234.v16 was being converted to test the crescent wing but unfortunately it was blown up by British troops before the intelligence teams found it !
Paul
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

terry white

Post by terry white »

Hi FrankS, of course it is, Ive sacked the secretary, just cant get the staff these days. :oops:
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

A number of years ago when I lived in Leicestershire ( Leicestershire born and bred) I was in the lotus drivers club and we used to use Bruntingthorpe for track days. I remember when they first moved the vucan in to the hanger to restore her and can rember all the racks of parts .they also had the model vucan from the bond movie that was found in a gardan. They also had on the airfield a victor that they used to start up I can rember me and my father in-law standing behind has they ran the engines at low speed. the power was amazing .
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

That is the same one. I remember it happening the s..t rearly hit the fan