• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

ASK-18 Dimensions

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Dave Smith

ASK-18 Dimensions

Post by Dave Smith »

All,

A friend of mine has acquired an older1:3.5 Rosenthal ASK-18 fuselage. It comes with a set of drawings of the wing planform, but truth be told, although the root chord matches the fuselage (good thing), the rest of the wing seems a bit fat; more like a Ka6 than an ASK-18.

My Simons books are still in a moving van, so can someone give me the root, wing break, and tip chords, either on the full scale or on a known accurate scale so I can check things out? I've drawn what I think is a correct planform but would love to get some validation.

Thanks!

Dave Smith
Jilles

Re: ASK-18 Dimensions

Post by Jilles »

this could help
Attachments
large-3view.pdf
(56.99 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Jilles

Post by Jilles »

more details
Attachments
ASK-18-3view2.gif
ask-18-3view.jpg
Jilles

Post by Jilles »

more details
Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith »

Thanks, Jilles......I do have those and am assuming they are (relatively) true representations, but I was looking for something definitive. All I know for certain is that the planforms that come with the Rosenthal fuselage are not true ASK-18 planforms. As I mentioned before, they seem more Ka6 or Ka8; not as high aspect ratio as the 18. Anyway, it's not hugely critical as long as we get it to look right. It's not going to a Scale Masters competition!

DS