• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

PT Vega

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
FrankS

Re: PT Vega

Post by FrankS »

Roo

Thanks for those, I built a HP18 about 30 years ago (still flying it today) and can vaguely remember how they go together, but the sheet has good info re the dihederal and c of g etc.

The one I've got is set up for servos in the wing, so that's the way I'll go, and I think I can get a servo in the tail for the elevator as well.

It's a few weeks off starting as I'm part way through a CW ASK11 at the moment.
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

If you have any problems Frank, just ask and I will ask the lad himself (Mr Teakle) as he doesn't do computery things.
I have a PT Vega & Pat still flies his at Crook Peak.
By the way, I have a planform drawing for a revised tailplane that Pat now recommends - I think it is a little bigger than the original kit one.
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Peter, thanks, is the plan for the revised tailplane available for download from anywhere?
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Frank,
I don't think so, but I could scan & send a PDF to Barry to see if he would be kind enough to put it up somehow.
I will check tomorrow when next on the PC.
spike spencer

Post by spike spencer »

That would be welcome :) . My PT Vega needs a replacement stabiliser.
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

Hi my vega has servos in the tail and wings. I also have no airbrakes but use the flaps and they work ok has brakes .
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

I have the attached scans comprising the original A3 build Instruction sheet (in two parts), plus a scan of the revised tailplane planform (in 2 parts) as I only have an A4 scanner.
For each drawing, print both sheets & use reference points on the sheets to align halves to view the original image.
Hope this helps.
Attachments
VEGA Instruction Sheet.pdf
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 139 times
Vega Wing_Tail plans.pdf
(825.26 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Peter, thanks, I'll post some photos when I get round to starting the build.
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Frank,
I look forward to seeing the build photos in due course

By the way, I have a Profilli wing design for a built-up wing to give an alternative to the original foam wing version if anyone needs it. This could be converted to a dxf export of the wing plan and ribs if required.
I am sure that Cliff Evans could produce a laser cut set of ribs if needed.
I had to go down this route as I picked up an original Vega fuselage some years ago with no foam flying surfaces before the new kits were available. The wing uses a Ritz section as per Pats original wings but this could be changed if required. I fitted 3 servos in each wing for ailerons, brakes and flaps, rather than use Pats fuselage based drive system for flaps.
I used a NACA009 fully symmetrical section for the tailplane, built to the planform shown in the recently attached PDFs.