• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Tailwheels

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
John Mcnamara

Tailwheels

Post by John Mcnamara »

I know this sounds like a silly subject but I am having increasing trouble finding decent tailwheels in the UK. A fairly slim and robust wheel is required.
In the past you could go into any model shop and find a plethora of different wheel types and styles as well as sizes of course. Today I can only find foam wheels or one with delicate plastic hubs that break easily.
Does anyone know a source of aliminium hubbed wheels that are slim enough to use as a tailwheel?
Currently looking for 45mm diameter.
Thank

John
GordonT

Re: Tailwheels

Post by GordonT »

John - scroll down this page and there's a 44mm aluminium hubbed wheel - http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/sh ... p?id=49564
If that's not suitable, it might be worth trying some of the European suppliers, such as Hollein or Staufenbiel etc.
simon_t

Post by simon_t »

Slough RC had a pretty good range of wheels when I was in there last week. I wasn't looking for ali hubs though, but they have a good website.

Simon
John Mcnamara

Post by John Mcnamara »

Thank you Gordon and Simon. You obviously have better stocked model shops in your neck of the woods.
I have made an order so it should be problem sorted.
Regards,

John