• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Grapner/JR mx-16s 35Mhz to 2.4Ghz conversion, any thoughts?

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Barry_Cole

Re: Grapner/JR mx-16s 35Mhz to 2.4Ghz conversion, any thoughts?

Post by Barry_Cole »

What's wrong with 35Mhz anyway?

Long aerials that get ripped off.!!!!!!!

BC
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Chris, in many ways 35 was fine, just like 27 before it. However 2.4 has brought security of signal like never before. I didn't think I had a problem with my MC22 until I started using telemetry and downloaded it's readings to my pc. It recorded every break in signal as an "incident ", and when viewed on a graph of the flight, the number of "incidents " was incredible. I found this worrying especially as these flights appeared to be smooth and without a problem. When I installed and started using the Hott 2.4 module the number of recorded "incidents " was reduced to a handful on each long flight. In addition the safe operating range appeared to increase enormously.
The introduction of 2.4 has produced a further hazard for the 35 operator in that everyone expects you to be operating on 2.4 and now just switch on their tx without checking. I had a few close calls while still flying on 35 where someone also flying on 35 just switched on their tx assuming that everyone else was on 2.4 Unfortunately they were transmitting on the same channel as me.
If you do decide to change and if you do decide to stay with Graupner then Tonys offer on his MC20 represents very good value.
Brian.
Tony Woods

Post by Tony Woods »

Brian,
Thanks for your support of my MC20 sale and yes it is good value because it has only been to the field once.If I fly anything in the future it will only be Foamies and as I also have an MZ24 Hott which is lighter and more compact I shall use that.

Regards,

Tony
Chris Wynn

Post by Chris Wynn »

Appreciate your thoughts and comments Gents. The Mc20 is thought provoking,
Chris.
The other CW...
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Brand new Taranis half the price. Receivers smaller and much better priced.

:D :D :D :D

BC
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

It's a trust thing Barry!
Brian. :D :D :D :D
Tony Woods

Post by Tony Woods »

Chris,
Take no notice of Barry and you buy it, That's my unbiased opinion. ;)

Regards,

Tony
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Tony Woods wrote:Chris,
Take no notice of Barry and you buy it, That's my unbiased opinion. ;)

Regards,

Tony
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BC
Chris Wynn

Post by Chris Wynn »

Has anyone had any experience or knowledge of retro fitting FrSky DHT units to tx's? If it can be done reliably to my Mx16s I would be delighted as I really like the way it programs. I recon I would get the best of both worlds though I have heard my friends words of widom .
Chris.
The other CW...
Chris Wynn

Post by Chris Wynn »

:D Thanks. The evidence is stacking up, I just like my mx16's programming though. I guess everything changes : )
Chris.
The other CW...